Baby chicks sneezing???

Fancy_Feathers

Chirping
Apr 13, 2021
Colorado US
Hello! This is like my tenth post about baby chicks since I am new to raising chicks and am worried about every single thing! But I was holding two of my chicks (8 days old) earlier today and my polish chick sneezed. It was super cute, but it also worried me, so I kept my eye on it. Then My Orpington chick sneezed, and the polish sneezed again. I checked their beaks for discharge (or whatever it is called) and it looks clear to me. Then I placed them back in the brooder and our Brahma chick sneezed! Are my chicks sick or is it something else?

They LOVE eating the bedding so we covered it with puppy pee pads, but they would just move them and gorge themselves on the bedding. We took out all the bedding this morning and put just puppy pee pads in the brooder. Do you think they are sneezing because I am pretty sure moving all the bedding caused some dust? Or are they sneezing because they have bedding stuck in their nostrils or something? If they are sick how do I cure them? Thank you!

I have only seen the Brahma sneeze again but I haven't seen any of the other chicks sneeze again. They are all super active and alert, and they eat, drink, and poop. They have full crops at night that are empty in the morning. So should I be concerned or is this sneezing fine?

Back
Top Bottom