Baby chicks

Denise0708

Chirping
Apr 2, 2020
So far we got 3. 1 died 😩. I don’t see anymore pipping but I’m hoping we get more!
BF410608-109B-44B1-A45A-D8515359C179.jpeg

So cute! The first time I hatched with a broody hen was magical, and absolutely adorable! Don't be worried if they don't all hatch today, a few of ours normally hatch a few days after the 21 day mark.

Warning that the chicks wont be as immediately warm to you as brooder babies, but in my experience they are much smarter with ranging and predation issues. Plus, you don't have to do any of the work :woot
So far the other chickens seem to be adapting to it good also so I hope it stays that way! Now I’m just wondering what they are going to be. My rooster is a EE

So cute! The first time I hatched with a broody hen was magical, and absolutely adorable! Don't be worried if they don't all hatch today, a few of ours normally hatch a few days after the 21 day mark.
Question, I just went to check today still no pip smelt them all and they do smell bad. There was 5 left. Do you think I should wait

Question, I just went to check today still no pip smelt them all and they do smell bad. There was 5 left. Do you think I should wait
Have you thought about candling them? I know you really aren’t supposed to around hatching days, but it could tell you if they’re alive and moving. Usually they’ll just wiggle around a bit.

Back
Top Bottom