Baby chicks

I was also wonder if this coop will be big enough for 4 chicken? they seem happy now and stuff. I'm just wanting to make sure?

Without knowing the dimensions, I cannot say for certain...but that looks like a 2 to 3 chicken coop...4 will probably be pushing it unless they can free range during the day and only roost at night. They should be able to roost with comfortable wing span between.

If enclosed permanently, they should have 4 to 5 square feet of coop space per bird and 10 square feet of run space per bird. About 2 feet head room space.

LofMc

Last edited:
I was also wonder if this coop will be big enough for 4 chicken? they seem happy now and stuff. I'm just wanting to make sure?

If you do what I do, which is keep your chickens in a coop and then have a moveable pen that they can get time on grass, it seems fine, it's very cute and pretty, but without seeing a chicken to coop size analysis, it's hard to tell, also, by using the above directions, you can also tell if it is large enough :)

Ahhh okay. And yeah we have a back yard they can roam around in. but not all day cause we always have dogs we keep back there. I think I'll let them out for like an hour a day or at least try! cause ik they will wannt get out and explore

Ahhh okay. And yeah we have a back yard they can roam around in. but not all day cause we always have dogs we keep back there. I think I'll let them out for like an hour a day or at least try! cause ik they will wannt get out and explore

Or just build a wired extension run right outside the little door by the green water can; one that has a lid to it so the dogs can't get to them. You can do that pretty easily.

They will want more than an hour out in the yard as that looks a bit cramped for 4 birds all day and night...but a little run extension would make it very pleasant...then a nice stretch of the legs an hour in free range would be good.

LofMc

Yeah my mom and I were talking about that today as we were putting them into the coop. That's what I'll prob do that way they have more to be free.

This seems OK for me, although they may want to get our for longer. If you build the extention this should be fine! We have horses and dogs on our farm so I know how it feels ;)

Thanks guys! I also got two new birds that seem to me terrified of me. I try and let them and hold them to let them know it's okay and they still run away. I put my hand out with some treats and stuff and they still didn't come to me. D: anyone have any helpful tips on what I can do to get them I like me like my other two birds?? I love my chickens and I want them to love me too. c:

Back
Top Bottom