Baby Colors?

Treg

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
Central TX
Some time ago we found one of our Male's along side the road dead, shortly after one of my Females went missing. I just thought whatever got "George" must have got her also. Well she arrived one Sunday morning with 10 babies in tow! Awesome, all kinds of colors. 7 have survived and they are now alost 3 months old. The other female picked on them so they were put into the brooder, and when they were big enough to go outside, they joined my baby 10 Bourbon Red Turkey, and 10 packing peanut chicken babies that are one month older. They were totally adopted by the turkeys and now protected by a Tom and Hen Turkey at all times! you never see them far from the Turkeys, and when something comes around all the turkeys gather around them and protect them. So here are some photos of this mixed up family, I am curious of the color of the light colored one and there is one that is solid (not pied like the others) but color is not quite gray either. Strange thing, all three started as a group of 10, 10 Turkeys, 10 packing peanuts, 10 baby guinneas... only 7 survied in each group!

the Three adults (all Pieds), 10 babies, one solid, pieds, white, lavendar?

white one died 1 week later, lost htree total

color of light one in back (Lavendar)? and one to right (male sounds)

Turkey "parents" with babies !

?

Yes, very strange they all ended up with 7! Now both Hens have gone missing (on nest ?) again. One was gone for a couple weeks, then the vacant yard down the street got cleaned up and prepped for sale, she came back for a week or so and has been gone for two weeks again, the other hen disappeared yesterday. We walk around looking for the nest, but it is dangerous here to walk around looking in tall grass and rocks. Too many snakes around, and don't want to take that chance. Thought it might be too late in the year for another hatch, but then it is still in the 90-100's here, so maybe not. Time will tell, another couple of weeks I guess.
Daddy Guinnea looks so lonely out there today all by himself. I can't wait to see what more colors I get (if there are more babies coming!)

Back
Top Bottom