Baby duck not growing

Water therapy also does wonders for their strength. If she can swim (possibly alone?) it could be a big help for her also.

My mind went more to breed than actually trying to help with her possible sickness, I’m so sorry. The vitamins are a good idea also. It’s odd for her to be experiencing these issues at her age. How long has she been acting this way? Could she have ingested something that made her sick? Any possible poisons in the yard? Chemical or poisonous plants she may have eaten a small bit of?
She's been like this for 4-5 weeks. She has been with the other ducks this entire time and nobody else is sick. And we are very careful with what we feed them and what they're around. My garden is next to them but I even make sure that's completely organic with no chemicals. I am just at a loss, she is so sweet I really want her to get better.

She's been like this for 4-5 weeks. She has been with the other ducks this entire time and nobody else is sick. And we are very careful with what we feed them and what they're around. My garden is next to them but I even make sure that's completely organic with no chemicals. I am just at a loss, she is so sweet I really want her to get better.
Always good to rule those types of things out. I don’t really know what else to suggest. Hopefully someone else will come along with other ideas.

Hi,
I have 4 ducks that are about 2-3 months old. One of them (a Peking duck) is not growing and is barely getting any feathers. I called the vets around here and none of them treat ducks. She is a little shaky and doesn't seem to want to move around a lot. She is eating but not a lot. All of the other ducks look completely normal. I am not sure how to help her. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
Sally
That's definitely not a Pekin duck. Pekins are yellow as ducklings and grow up to be white. Yours has clear markings on it's face and is more of a buff colour, so it could be a breed that is more slender, like a runner or cross as Pollo Blanco said. If it's adult feathers haven't come through yet maybe it needs to have access to a heat source still?
Since it is separated you could check it's poop to see how/if it differs from the others, and this may give you some hints about whether it is sick. Eg if diarrhoea then sick, or if little rice sized white things it's worms etc.

Back
Top Bottom