baby duck with lots of problems

Turbo is 3 weeks old today and and Que Sera is 2 weeks and 2 days old. Turbo was hatched on May 14th and Que Sera was hatched May 19th.

That yellow thing on Turbo's neck must be a scar then. No telling what he went through before we got him out of the nest. She hatched 14 babies and Turbo was the only one with injuries. He was the only one hatched with a crest. Maybe she thought he didn't belong.

Ozzie is good with the chickens and ducks. He wasn't when he was a puppy. He killed several chickens trying to play with them. I'm so glad he grew out of that. We have a bantam rooster if he is on the porch Ozzie cannot go up the steps. Ozzie is afraid of him.

Patty

Turbo is 3 weeks old today and and Que Sera is 2 weeks and 2 days old. Turbo was hatched on May 14th and Que Sera was hatched May 19th.

That yellow thing on Turbo's neck must be a scar then. No telling what he went through before we got him out of the nest. She hatched 14 babies and Turbo was the only one with injuries. He was the only one hatched with a crest. Maybe she thought he didn't belong.

Ozzie is good with the chickens and ducks. He wasn't when he was a puppy. He killed several chickens trying to play with them. I'm so glad he grew out of that. We have a bantam rooster if he is on the porch Ozzie cannot go up the steps. Ozzie is afraid of him.

Patty
Hopefully as the days go buy you'll begin to see progress with Turbo as far as being able to hold his head normal, just the fact that he eats so good is a positive.
Being he was crested mama may not have thought he belonged who knows what goes on in the mind of a broody. They aren't right that is for sure. lol

We need some up to date pics of the 2 for comparison I bet we can tell they have grown.

My dogs are afraid of my adult birds but babies are another matter. I'm glad Ozzie grew out of it too, Puppies just get too rough and don't realize it. .

My husband built Turbo a little walkway thing with two boards so he can walk in between the boards. He braces his self along the side of the boards and he is able to walk. It is like the maze that Miracle had the chicken that couldn't walk. It's not as big as Miracles was but it does the trick. Turbo loved being able to walk and Que Sera was right there with him. They stayed outside for about 2 hours this morning and they are both taking naps now. They are wore out.

Of course Turbo was his piggish self today eating and throwing his food everywhere. I'll try and get some pics of them and you can see how much they have grown. Que Sera looks like a giant next to Turbo. I'll try and get one of Turbo in his walkway so you can see what I am talking about on that.

Have a great day all.

Patty

My husband built Turbo a little walkway thing with two boards so he can walk in between the boards. He braces his self along the side of the boards and he is able to walk. It is like the maze that Miracle had the chicken that couldn't walk. It's not as big as Miracles was but it does the trick. Turbo loved being able to walk and Que Sera was right there with him. They stayed outside for about 2 hours this morning and they are both taking naps now. They are wore out.

Of course Turbo was his piggish self today eating and throwing his food everywhere. I'll try and get some pics of them and you can see how much they have grown. Que Sera looks like a giant next to Turbo. I'll try and get one of Turbo in his walkway so you can see what I am talking about on that.

Have a great day all.

Patty

Ooh, that sounds great! Hopefully it will work like physical therapy to help strengthen his neck. Way to go hubby!!

Sure do look forward in seeing them and the contraption Hubs made for Turbo sounds like it's just the thing he needs. Smurfbrew said PT.good for Turbo.

Turbo is eating and drinking well. He had his PT this morning with the boards. I'll take him out before this evening and let him work again. I'm still working on the pics. Grandson keeps telling me after while. You know how kids can be.

I'm not feeling well I might have strep I hope not. I always get sick on the weekends when the dr. is not in. We have to round up 11 baby ducks. A lady is coming to get them for her farm. We are keeping 2 of the babies plus Turbo and Que Sera. It is always so sad to see them go. We still have another momma duck sitting on eggs and my brother in law is going to take all of those. I'm trying to keep the eggs rounded up so we won't have anymore hatching. I found 2 nests last night where they were planning on sitting. They are sneaky.

Have a great day.

patty

Turbo is eating and drinking well. He had his PT this morning with the boards. I'll take him out before this evening and let him work again. I'm still working on the pics. Grandson keeps telling me after while. You know how kids can be.

I'm not feeling well I might have strep I hope not. I always get sick on the weekends when the dr. is not in. We have to round up 11 baby ducks. A lady is coming to get them for her farm. We are keeping 2 of the babies plus Turbo and Que Sera. It is always so sad to see them go. We still have another momma duck sitting on eggs and my brother in law is going to take all of those. I'm trying to keep the eggs rounded up so we won't have anymore hatching. I found 2 nests last night where they were planning on sitting. They are sneaky.

Have a great day.

patty
Hope it's not strep. Take care of yourself. You've been doing a wonderful job caring for all the little ones.
Main reason all 4 of my ducks are sitting on fake eggs I cannot bear to part with them ducklings.

If you're looking for a harness contraption thing partyfowl on etsy makes stuff like harness and diapers for adult and baby ducks. She has a harness diaper for babies that you could get made to fit turbo and the leash could hang from something so he could be supported and walk around. She's super nice so if that doesn't work you could talk to her about a custom made thing for him, I don't know if she would but probably. hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom