Baby ducklings abandoned by mum

Hellychick21

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 27, 2017
Hi, I've had chickens for years but my son decided put duck eggs under my old silky who's 10. All gone well, ducklings hatched silky was doing fantastic job as a mum but suddenly after 3 weeks she's stopped bothering with them she is normally a picture of health, red comb etc but it's gone pale, she looks exausted.
I've moved her back into the main chicken area and she's eating ok. She really does look like she's tired out. I picked her up and she feels light.
The ducklings (4 of them) are all up and running eating etc seem very healthy.
Will the ducklings be alright without her ?

Yep, they should be fine alone at that age. :) Concentrate on getting your old silky back up in weight and feeling strong again. I guess being a mom took a little too much out of the poor girl.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I can breath a sigh of relief knowing the ducklings are fine to be on their own. They have their own coop and run and it's not too big so they will be warm at night.
My silky is definitely worn out, she's eaten and I'm going out her in the hen house in her favourite best box so she can sleep. It's definitely hard work this mum thing 😂 thanks again for putting my mind at rest.

Back
Top Bottom