baby hatching please help

naakte

Songster
8 Years
Apr 10, 2011
Branson, missouri
This is my first egg to hatch and this is day 20 for my serama's ut has cracked the egg and the egg has rolled. is this ok or should I put the bator in my bathroom raise humidity and turn the egg back over. I hear it chirping inside the egg too. i think that is normal. I am a mess what should I do???? leave it? or turn egg chiped side up?

Donna in Branson

I would open incubator and turn egg back over, working quickly. Sometimes I use surrounding eggs to help prop up a roller. Once the chick starts to actually emerge though, it's ok for it to roll around.

This is completely stressful. I now have 3 trying to hatch out. they have not broken the membrane though. only the shell is cracked and only in one area . humidity is at 72 percent

If they have pipped the shell they have probably pipped the membrane. Your humidity is plenty high, I wouldn't let it get higher. I usually keep mine between 60 and 65%. It can take 24 hours after a pip to hatch so you just have to sit on your hands and wait it out... And resist the urge to open the bator and mess with them
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom