Little chicken egg unsure if it’s still alive

Hykiko

Chirping
Jun 8, 2022
7985283F-E1EE-4202-AB3C-5DB503D22461.jpeg
Hi everyone,

I’m back with questions, my little hen named little, laid this egg back in November between squeakers (my duck) laying her eggs. Squeakers eggs hatched between Dec 6-13th little’s I estimated to hatch around the 21st of December, however the egg has yet to hatch and I cannot tell if the baby has died or not. It was developing well even after I moved mother hen and egg into my house Dec 18th, the whole egg minus the air sac is dark. I haven’t heard any sounds or seen movement, any assistance would be helpful as mother hen has turned into a miniature angry velociraptor and attacks everything that gets close to her.

The egg is approximately 5 weeks old? It's dead, I'm sorry. It should have hatched 2 weeks ago.
Sad to hear, she became an adult in October, and this is her very first fertile egg. I’ll take it from her tonight and put her back in the coop tonight then, she might lay another tho I’m really hoping she’ll wait till spring. My duck started to lay eggs again tho none fertile thankfully

Sad to hear, she became an adult in October, and this is her very first fertile egg. I’ll take it from her tonight and put her back in the coop tonight then, she might lay another tho I’m really hoping she’ll wait till spring. My duck started to lay eggs again tho none fertile thankfully
It's not recommended to incubate pullet eggs, they often don't hatch. Just don't incubate any more eggs until it's warm and the eggs are bigger, it won't matter if they're fertile or not if you don't incubate.

It's not recommended to incubate pullet eggs, they often don't hatch. Just don't incubate any more eggs until it's warm and the eggs are bigger, it won't matter if they're fertile or not if you don't incubate.
The mom incubated this egg, I don’t have an incubator. I really hadn’t expected any babies till it was spring time

Back
Top Bottom