Baby quail chick can’t stand up!

Pics

TheBirdLady2001

Songster
Oct 11, 2016
Windsor, Ontario, CA
image.jpg
I had a quail chick that hatched about 5 or 6 hours ago. His toes are all curled in and he won’t stand. He just kind flops around. One of his legs is pretty red, and one of the toes is almost black.

Oh, bummer! I have seen so many folks on here with quail hatching/baby issues... I really want to try some quail, but I feel insanely unqualified and intimidated.

How's he doing this morning? I would guess some type of strange position in the shell, restricted circulation to that leg? Just a guess. Hopefully it can work thru it and improve. I would also try massaging, and don't tape the toes to try to straighten them until the color in the foot looks better.

Good luck!

How's he doing this morning? I would guess some type of strange position in the shell, restricted circulation to that leg? Just a guess. Hopefully it can work thru it and improve. I would also try massaging, and don't tape the toes to try to straighten them until the color in the foot looks better.

Good luck!
His leg is still pretty red, and that one toe looks like it’s dead, and probably going to fall off. But he’s doing better, learning to walk, but I’m sure he’ll get used to it lol!

Back
Top Bottom