Baby Rabbits!

How Many Babies Do You Think Sage Will Have?

• Total voters
If the male is in the same pen with the female, start checking for another litter in 31 days. Does can rebreed really soon after giving birth. It won't always happen, but it's common enough that I think you should be watching for that possibility.

If the male is in the same pen with the female, start checking for another litter in 31 days. Does can rebreed really soon after giving birth. It won't always happen, but it's common enough that I think you should be watching for that possibility.
That's a good point!

I've even heard of bucks that will kill the litter if the female is uninterested. Not sure how common that is though.

I've even heard of bucks that will kill the litter if the female is uninterested. Not sure how common that is though.
I have also heard of that. I once found some anecdotes of particular bucks that always did, and other bucks that never did, but nothing about how common either type is.

Yeah! Something about being to territorial? Or something.
Do you have a way to make him a little pen maybe? If he's been good so far I wouldn't be TOO worried, but, y'never know. I like the "better safe than sorry." way of doing things. Also, it would be better for momma bun to at least wean the babies before being bred again, that's what I do.

My buck peeves is SO sweet and wouldn't hurt a fly, and I think he would be fine with babies. Mating instincts are very strong and bucks can be a little weird, so I don't take chances.

I've been doing this for 6 years if that counts for anything 🙈

Do you have a way to make him a little pen maybe? If he's been good so far I wouldn't be TOO worried, but, y'never know. I like the "better safe than sorry." way of doing things. Also, it would be better for momma bun to at least wean the babies before being bred again, that's what I do.

My buck peeves is SO sweet and wouldn't hurt a fly, and I think he would be fine with babies. Mating instincts are very strong and bucks can be a little weird, so I don't take chances.

I've been doing this for 6 years if that counts for anything 🙈
Yeah.... I'll see what we can make up.

Back
Top Bottom