baby trying to get out

it's out of the shell but has a little string still attached. It has no more blood coming from it. should I detach the string?

Yay! Just leave it and it should dry up and come off itself. It happens with ones that need help because they don't get to rotate all the way round like they would do as they unzip which is what usually detatches them from the shell.

Yay! Just leave it and it should dry up and come off itself. It happens with ones that need help because they don't get to rotate all the way round like they would do as they unzip which is what usually detatches them from the shell.
Gosh, I want to cry. I worry so much for the little thing and I feel so helpless. How should the humidity be at this point?

Gosh, I want to cry. I worry so much for the little thing and I feel so helpless. How should the humidity be at this point?

:hugs It's not easy, I know! Leave the humidity and if your brooder is nice and toasty you can pop it in there when it's almost dry. How's baby looking? It may need some time to rest.

I recently had a baby quail hatch with help. It had pipped where I couldn't see it and it was just making its pip bigger and bigger but getting nowhere. The membrane was starting to dry out by the time I found it and the poor little thing was utterly exhausted. After about 24 hours it was looking a lot perkier and it's fine now. Hopefully it won't take long for your baby to perk up too.

:hugs It's not easy, I know! Leave the humidity and if your brooder is nice and toasty you can pop it in there when it's almost dry. How's baby looking? It may need some time to rest.

I recently had a baby quail hatch with help. It had pipped where I couldn't see it and it was just making its pip bigger and bigger but getting nowhere. The membrane was starting to dry out by the time I found it and the poor little thing was utterly exhausted. After about 24 hours it was looking a lot perkier and it's fine now. Hopefully it won't take long for your baby to perk up too.
Right now, It's just laying there. Doesn't make a lot of movement. As I say that, It started peeping.

Remember these little guys sleep a lot, sometimes falling flat on their faces right where they stand. If he was struggling to be hatched, he will be exhausted and will need to sleep. Warm and dry till he perks up a bit and then put him in your brooder with water and food. Congratulations on your new baby!

Remember these little guys sleep a lot, sometimes falling flat on their faces right where they stand. If he was struggling to be hatched, he will be exhausted and will need to sleep. Warm and dry till he perks up a bit and then put him in your brooder with water and food. Congratulations on your new baby!
it's sleeping now. will it be ok in the incubator tonight and put it in the brooder tomorrow with the food and water. or does it need the food and water tonight?

Back
Top Bottom