baby trying to get out

It will be fine resting in the incubator overnight - it's got its yolk to sustain it for awhile. Keep us posted.
Great, I will. Thank you all so much for your help. I just love this little thing so much. I was gonna give it away but I just might keep it now. I have done fell in love with it!

Great, I will. Thank you all so much for your help. I just love this little thing so much. I was gonna give it away but I just might keep it now. I have done fell in love with it!

It will be bonded to you so I think it deserves to stay with it's 'Mum'. You've done a great job helping it into the world so I think you deserve to keep the little cutie too.

It will be bonded to you so I think it deserves to stay with it's 'Mum'. You've done a great job helping it into the world so I think you deserve to keep the little cutie too.
Thank you. I really couldn't have done it without you.

That's what this awesome forum is all about, and it's likely to be you helping someone else next time now that you've had this learning experience. I'm so glad your little one made it. You will have to post a photo when you can. We haven't hatched ducks before (but I'd definitely like to - they'll take a bit more patience than quail though)!

That's what this awesome forum is all about, and it's likely to be you helping someone else next time now that you've had this learning experience. I'm so glad your little one made it. You will have to post a photo when you can. We haven't hatched ducks before (but I'd definitely like to - they'll take a bit more patience than quail though)!
I got up this morning and tried giving it water. I picked it up and it's little belly is bloated. It never did drink any water. What do I do now?

It shouldn't need to drink yet - I think chicken chicks and ducklings can go for three days before needing food or water to give the rest of the clutch time to hatch and catch up.

Time to call in someone who knows ducks though if you think it's belly isn't looking good - hopefully someone is about who can help:
@casportpony
@WVduckchick
@BantyChooks

Back
Top Bottom