HELP! Pekin stuck in shell, dry membrane!

Update for today, he's partially out, but doesn't look good and appears to be stuck by his belly in the egg still. We are just watching and waiting....still very worried for the poor little guy. None of the others have had issues, just him.

At that point I'd carefully remove the rest of the egg. If there is still a bit of yolk left leave it as intact as possible. Don't try and pull or cut it off.

At that point I'd carefully remove the rest of the egg. If there is still a bit of yolk left leave it as intact as possible. Don't try and pull or cut it off.
What if it is stuck to the shell? If i try to remove the duck, and there's still yolk attached to the shell, can the duckling bleed out?

He's mostly out of the shell, but twisted and looks like his belly is stuck to the bottom of the shell. Im just so scared to cause more harm to him!

Can you get pictures of its belly?
It's inside the remaining portion of egg. And tbh, Im terrified to touch him, I don't want to hurt him! Ill pull him out of the incubator and get better pics in a minute. Thank you for the response!

Can you get pictures of its belly?
Got pics. Pulled/cut the loose parts of the shell off, but some of his feathers came w it. This did allow me to get a better look though, and his yolk is not stuck to the shell, its gone. But his wing and back have shell that is dried and stuck to him. If i try to pull it off, it may damage his wing/feathers, so i put him in a bowl w a warm wet towel to try to soften up the remaining shell so it can be removed. Is this the right thing to do? If not, please advise.

Looking good! You can apply drops of warm water to the bits of shell & membrane that are stuck and gently pull them off.

Awesome! Thank you so much for all your help and advice. I really thought I was gonna lose this little guy.

You guys are fantastic! ❤️

Okay, i think we finally turned a corner!

I was able to soak iff the rest of the shell and get his wing free. He does still have some yolk in the feathers on his neck on that side. Im just leaving it alone, poor guy has been through a helluva hatch.

He rolled around for about 15-20 min like he was still trapped in the egg, prob bc he was stuck in there for so long.

But has in the last 15 min started standing up, and is trying to straighten out his little bent neck.

I think given time, he will be ok. Tryibg to leave him be and let him rest now.

Thanks again for all your help! You guys rock! ❤️

Okay, i think we finally turned a corner!

I was able to soak iff the rest of the shell and get his wing free. He does still have some yolk in the feathers on his neck on that side. Im just leaving it alone, poor guy has been through a helluva hatch.

He rolled around for about 15-20 min like he was still trapped in the egg, prob bc he was stuck in there for so long.

But has in the last 15 min started standing up, and is trying to straighten out his little bent neck.

I think given time, he will be ok. Tryibg to leave him be and let him rest now.

Thanks again for all your help! You guys rock! ❤️

You did a great job! So glad he's already getting stronger.

Back
Top Bottom