baby turkey just died just bought them yesterday. this is my very first time trying to raise turkey's what went wrong, šŸ˜­

:welcome:woot:woot:celebrate:yesss:Hello Mark and welcome to BYC, You found an Awesome poultry Forum to be a part of with many great knowledgeable members who are more then willing to jump in and help you with any questions you may have. :)

So sorry for your loss. :( I am no expert on Turkeys sorry, there are other more knowledgeable members who will be by to greet you and will be more able to help you. Best of luck. :)

:welcome I'm sorry you're having trouble getting started with your poults! Unfortunately I don't know anything past the fact they're called poults and I'm not even sure on that one!
Posting a thread in the Turkey section of the forum with some details about your set up, and anything else you can add about your deceased turkey baby might help you get some clear answers and some advice for the future. There's also a few write ups in the great collection of articles about everything poultry (and then some!) you can check out in the meantime here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/categories/turkeys.33/

Last edited:
Hi Mark and welcome to BYC :frowWe're so happy you've decided to join us:ya

So sorry for your loss :hugs

It's likely there's nothing you could have done for the one you lost. Turkeys are challenging for the first 8 weeks. What are you feeding them? A good turkey starter will be 24-28% protein and have higher levels of niacin and meth as well as one other ingredient that I can never remember.

Back
Top Bottom