Back to Eden Gardening and Hugelkulture and other non-conventional garden methods

Pics
I have extra tomato plants growing in an area with old hay bales with pond sludge and other composted stuff.

One tomato plant is in just pond sludge that was too heavy to heap over the little fence on top of the hay bale mess.

It will be interesting to see how these do compared to my tomato plants in the garden soil.

No. But a lot of folks remove the sod, then place it upside down on top of the wood. The ideal HK mound has quite a bit of soil heaped on top of the wood. Mine is a mickey mouse affair. No equipment to trench the soil, so wood is just piled up, actually piled against a bank where the leveled yard drops off into a lower section that is going wild. I have been piling garden debris and other compostables on top of the wood for about 4 years now.

Son has gone out to photo 3 roses climbers for me he is wonderful my other left hand as we are both lefties one of them was at the old house almost dead it is so happy we dug it up good black dirt and Miracle Grow

alright photo bomb of 95 year old tea rose a peace rose from the old house that was almost dead dug her up happy as can be now good black dirt and miracle grow use only soap water for aphids.. peace rose first then Phillip is second third is the one I call Joanna
she was a nurse I lived with for almost 3 years when I was too ill.. Philip was my neighbor that saved the old rose from a fence needing repair I planted it in a pot but it was a bit stunted he passed and it took off his spirit lives in that rose two photos of each from James.. it seems the peace rose is also a climber with variegated flowers from yellow to pink

017.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg
012.jpg
013.jpg
016.jpg

I have just found out that hugelkulture is not suitable for my climate. but I am thinking to bury wood and not to raise beds. it is too hot and dry with very little rain where I live.

Actually it can work quite well in your climate. It just needs a little water but not as much as other methods. Time is a bit of a factor for things to start breaking down but it does work. My compost pile is built like a hugel mound. We had some pumpkins grow quite well in it and I gave very little water.

Back
Top Bottom