Backside inflammation

Natedee

In the Brooder
May 14, 2023
Los Angeles, CA
I have a chicken that had a lot of irritation in backside. I don’t know how to post a picture that’s not a url link. Can someone help?

Does anyone know what this is?
How is it treated ?
It’s been like this for about ten days

Thanks!

To post a picture, go to where it says "Attach files".

1684119831824.png

I attached the pic. They’re not great.
So last week I washed it, put antibiotic cream, and pushed it back in. Next day it came back out. I did it again and it happened again the next day. I’m not sure what to do next but it looks pretty bad. I read the article about a protracted vent? I did what it says, but maybe I’m not doing it right or maybe something else. Is there anything I can do?

Attachments

• 4367BF6D-F146-4064-AF98-91B46B22592D.jpeg
    4367BF6D-F146-4064-AF98-91B46B22592D.jpeg
    714.4 KB · Views: 7
  • CB7AA6EE-15C7-407B-909A-DEFC88642A73.jpeg
    CB7AA6EE-15C7-407B-909A-DEFC88642A73.jpeg
    713 KB · Views: 7
I attached the pic. They’re not great.
So last week I washed it, put antibiotic cream, and pushed it back in. Next day it came back out. I did it again and it happened again the next day. I’m not sure what to do next but it looks pretty bad. I read the article about a protracted vent? I did what it says, but maybe I’m not doing it right or maybe something else. Is there anything I can do?
It seems that she has a prolapsed vent.
Keep it moist with a cream or honey, and separate her from her flock mates.
Has she laid an egg in the last few days?

It seems that she has a prolapsed vent.
Keep it moist with a cream or honey, and separate her from her flock mates.
Has she laid an egg in the last few days?
She lays eggs every one to two days. What will the cream do. I’ve added antibiotic cream around it and that did not help. Should I add it inside the vent ?

She lays eggs every one to two days.
Does she have trouble laying it at all that you know of?
What will the cream do. I’ve added antibiotic cream around it and that did not help.
The cream will keep the tissue moist, as you don't want it to dry out, that would cause even more problems.
Should I add it inside the vent ?
Just what you can see, anything visible put it on there.

Back
Top Bottom