backwards quail!!!

camchick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
I was just watching my coturnix running around and noticed one of them is running backwards quite a lot. It is also moulting so I guess it could be to do with that???

Does anyone know why its going backwards?!?!

WTHeck?! A backwards-running quail?!

lau.gif
Video, please!!
ya.gif

If I knew how, I'd put a video on!!! Rofl

Has nobody seen this before then? Its still doing it but not all the time, kinda shuffles more than runs really

I've seen mine do this but can't tell you why. I see them doing this when I walk up to the pen. My Bob's like to sneak around its weird looking.

Bobs do that too? I can confirm that cots back up and poop also. I thought it was just because cots are so "domesticated" that they do funny things. I can't figure out why a bird would have to back up to poop...

Thanx 7L farm for letting me know I don't have strange birds!! Mine tend to do it when I walk up to the pen too.

Also, I did wonder about the backing up to poop... Maybe its like a quail equivalent of sitting on a toilet!

I just put my chicks on wire and I noticed they were sitting on their butts and knees (it's really their ankles since they bend the opposite way). I guess they didn't like the feel of the wire. I noticed one was walking on his knees so I thought he was sick, but when I got close, he jumped up and ran off.

idunno.gif
It's almost as weird looking as them laying out like dead rubber chickens.

Quail are definitely different!

Back
Top Bottom