Backwoods coops?

Nothing fancy here! who else has some simple coops?
LOL! What exactly is that? I think you may get the award for most interesting miniature chick run.
yippiechickie.gif

it is interesting and simple! I did have a chick house made from an old wasp nest protected by lacquer

us hillbillies living in the woods Can build nice coops but I want to see some hillbilly coops where you guys at??

Our first coop aka the baby coop...for our 4 chicks...about 3 weeks ago these were taken.

This is off of our shed. And 100% recycled materials from the land surrounding us. The green mesh was purchased from our neighbor. Nails were even removed from old lumber and reused, every one actually.

Ill post the expansion we made..a run. It will have a pallet coop in it for 2 Rhodes I'm picking up tomorrow ...I dont really get yet how to make nesting boxes or i guess having the perfect ones and how that may affect the girls....so I'm am going to wing it and measure out these deeper drawers I have out of an old camper and see if the dimensions are adequate for the two young ladies that just started to lay that I'm picking up.

I wanted chickens but I could have in no way spent $200 on materials and items needed to just have some chickens...so I needed to create free to used items for structures and the fencing for the runs and coops.

Ive only since this pics purchased: waterer, feeder, then made two homemade feeders and will be getting another waterer for the bigger young ladies.

Back
Top Bottom