Backyard Brahmas!!

Ooooo - she is gorgeous!!!!!!
droolin.gif

Thank you I thought she was.

The temperature here gets up to around a hundred F? (38ºC here is quite common) The Brahmas do ok, they just go and hide in the shade, while the other breeds are out in the heat scratching about! What about Petra? It´s close. Looking forward to pics.Here are my two that had the redder faces.. Supposed to be partridge, but aren´t quite....
oh, YES! I LOVE the name Petra! The stone city in Jordan. You're awesome livin! And I think your birds look great! I'm going to try to see if I have any pics of Pierre/Petra when she was little.
it's mostly a picture of her with her two silkies, lol.

Okay, here's the best I could do, when I tried to take a picture at first, she squatted for me, confident now she's a girl, she just has a modified comb, but I don't care, she's clearly not show quality anyway!

she got sprayed with the hose earlier
please ignore the "chicken toy" (trash) in the background lol

Last edited:
Okay, here's the best I could do, when I tried to take a picture at first, she squatted for me, confident now she's a girl, she just has a modified comb, but I don't care, she's clearly not show quality anyway!

she got sprayed with the hose earlier
please ignore the "chicken toy" (trash) in the background lol
She´s lovely, even moreso that you like her so much. I like Brahmas to look like Brahmas, but also not into the show-quality level.
Here are the 4 new chicks and their mom.

question for big medicine:

Anyone that knows are welcome to comment.

I have added Buff Black and Blue Orpington's to my flock this year. I understand the Blue black and splash ratio's but was wondering what Black on Buff and Blue on Buff ratios would be?
I heard some used Black on buff to deepen the buff color when breeding a lighter colored hen.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom