Backyard Brahmas!!

Hi all,

We just got a 5 month old Brahma cockerell this past weekend. What would you call this colour or is he possibly a mix?

Hi all,

We just got a 5 month old Brahma cockerell this past weekend. What would you call this colour or is he possibly a mix?

In my yard he would be referred to as a "tweener". Not really any one distinct pattern, but showing elements of a couple. First off he is obviously gold based. My best guess is you are dealing with mostly a columbian pattern, but it looks like there is some light partial lacing on his chest, and some black at the front edge of his wings. Which indicates he very likely carries a single copy of either PG (pattern gene), and or, M (melanotic). Two copies of each are the only difference between a columbian and single laced pattern.

By the way, thank you, and bonus points for proper use of the word cockerel.

Hello. Ever since I have gotten chickens, I have always wanted a Brahma. But, there have never Brahmas for sale where I live. So, I have thought about hatching out my own, but I can't seem to trust the people on eBay. Is there anyone out there that is willing to sell me Brahma eggs?

Back
Top Bottom