Backyard cleanliness

Fowlgals

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2023
We need any advice we can get, so we have 6 ducks that are essentially free range, they have their enclosure for night time but spend majority of the day out and about in the yard. This has caused there to be so much poop everywhere and it’s attracted lots of flies. I don’t mind rinsing poop off a patio but how do y’all deal with dirt? I can’t get it too wet or else I have a muddy backyard 24/7. We’re thinking of putting turf down to help with cleaning but it’s not really affordable at this moment. If anyone has any advice let us know!

We need any advice we can get, so we have 6 ducks that are essentially free range, they have their enclosure for night time but spend majority of the day out and about in the yard. This has caused there to be so much poop everywhere and it’s attracted lots of flies. I don’t mind rinsing poop off a patio but how do y’all deal with dirt? I can’t get it too wet or else I have a muddy backyard 24/7. We’re thinking of putting turf down to help with cleaning but it’s not really affordable at this moment. If anyone has any advice let us know!
Where are you? I have ducks on grass in Virginia and hose down the patio and grass near the patio as required. I have had ducks in Florida and I used live and laurel oak leaves as mulch there. I collect the leaves from the roadside in March and make sure I have enough to mulch everywhere at the end of March and again in October. It works really well

Where are you? I have ducks on grass in Virginia and hose down tge patio and grass near the patio as required. I have had ducks in Florida and I use live and laurel oak leaves as mulch there I collect the leaves ftmrom the roadside in March and are sure I have enough to mulch everywhere at the end of March and again in October. It works really well
We’re from SoCal and our backyard isn’t like huge but decent size for over 20 ducks or so. Our backyard is all dirt, we want to grow clover but we don’t want the ducks to eat the seed since they LOVE digging in dirt.

We’re from SoCal and our backyard isn’t like huge but decent size for over 20 ducks or so. Our backyard is all dirt, we want to grow clover but we don’t want the ducks to eat the seed since they LOVE digging in dirt.
Grass is good, ducks eat it too!
My ducks sure took care of the dandelion problem!

Hopefully you can get the water you're going to need. First the water goes into the duck pool, next it goes to the garden.

1- dandelions are super medicinal health food !!
2- hang fly bags it really helps !!
Fly bags,here’s one a friend shared get a bar of Irish spring grate it and add citronella oil to it mix real well I put this into 3 knee highs hung them in 3 different areas it is working great. I used 3 bars my friend used one. image.jpg

Last edited:
Grass is good, ducks eat it too!
My ducks sure took care of the dandelion problem!

Hopefully you can get the water you're going to need. First the water goes into the duck pool, next it goes to the garden.

Oh you think like me. Wow dandelions are a powerful medicinal plant. All of it can be eaten or make tea. Dandelion root cleanses your liver. I cringe when people want to get rid of such good for us plants. Chickweed is another.....powerful.

It’s been a couple of weeks and yes it is helping a lot. I used the containers that you put the nasty smelling stuff in and mix with water and after about a month it smells like something dead this is much better. I’ll add some more citronella oil to it in a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom