Bacon, Tomato and Egg Sandwich with Homemade Lemon Mayo

Gomes Bantams

Songster
8 Years
Dec 11, 2011
Stanislaus County, California
My Coop
My Coop
After Making this easy homemade mayo, youll never go back to store bought ever again. Change up the flavor by adding garlic, cumin, sriracha or other herbs and spices.

Lemon Mayo
1 egg yolk
1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 small baguette
4 slices cooked bacon
1 cup lightly packed arugula or spinach
1 tomato, sliced
4 hard-cooked eggs, halved length wise

To make the mayo, mix all the mayo ingredients except the oil in a small warm dry bowl with an electric mixer
at medium speed 1 minute or until thick and foamy. Continue beating and slowly begin adding the oil drop by drop in a very thin stream. When about half of the oil has been added, the mayonnaise will begin to thicken. At that point, the oil can be added at a slightly faster rate until complete. Stir in the lemon zest. (Mayo can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.) Slice the top 1/3 of the baguette almost off and open like a book. Remove all but 1/2- inch of the inside bread to create a shell. Slather with mayo and layer with bacon, arugula, tomato and eggs. Tightly wrap in plastic wrap and refridgerate 1 to 6 hours. Cut cross wise to serve.

serves 4.

Ill post more recipes later...

mmmmmm, that sounds really gooooood.
droolin.gif
I'll have to have someone bring me some canola oil and some bread from the restaurant tonight, tasty.

Back
Top Bottom