Bad case of Peeling Skin on Silkie Rooster - Pics posted

posey

Songster
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Coastal NC
Does anyone have any idea what would cause the skin to change and begin to peel all over my Silkie Rooster?
He is only 1 year old and except for the scaly leg mites that we are treating he seems healthy and well.
However the skin on his face, earlobes, around the eyes, under his wings in what would be the arm pit, where his legs join his body, etc. is drying and peeling very badly.

Here are two photo's of the peeling skin. It was hard to hold him and take the photos, sorry. It actually looks worse when you see him in person. It's pretty bad around his eyes, especially on the other side. His earlobes and whole face have a whitish cast from the dead skin that is peeling off.
34537_percy_skin1.jpg

This is a photo of under his wings in what we could call his wing pit. The skin is peeling off in very large half inch to 3/4 of an inch pieces.
34537_percy_skin2.jpg

He does not have poultry lice that we can see anywhere on his body. I haven't seen any mites or evidence either.

Anyone, what could be causing this? And more importantly, what can I do to correct it?

This is my lovely little man before the skin peeling mess:
34537_sir_percival.jpg

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions
Posey

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom