Bad craigslist experience

junglechicken25

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 24, 2013
Just wondering how many of you have had this happen, Had some of my poultry for sale and after a few calls some people called and said they needed last minute birds to show. They arrived and dirtttttttyyyyyyy, I can get past that they seem like nice people. Then their kids start chasing my birds around and around trying to smack them with sticks......... I hand feed my poultry and pick them up nice and be nice to them they are animals even if they are "just chickens" bit my lip and continued on, but at the end of scaring the he** out of all my birds the guy went to grab one and BAM!! face full of thistle, yes I did laugh and that made up for their children's bad behavior and that's coming from a twenty year old haha rant over

I just cringe when people come to buy something and as soon as the vehicle stops all the doors fly open and kids come piling out. I have gone from asking the people to curb their kids, to put them back in the vehicle, to flat out telling them to leave the property and don't ever come back. And you know how that goes over with people that just let their kids run wild.
lol.png
The way I figure it we have worked our whole lives for our piece of heaven and nobody is going to disrupt it.

My main concern with all of that is that people want last minute birds to show, but that defeats the whole purpose of a show! Especially 4-H shows, and it happens all the time! I just don't understand how people can be like that. To me, it's essentially cheating because you are showing someone else's hard work!

Anyway, I'm sorry you had that experience. I've had too many weird experiences on craigslist to want to sell there any more. It just wasn't worth the hassle! now I mostly sell at a local livestock auction. The people are still kind of weird, but at least they don't have to come to my house! Mostly I just sell unwanted roosters now.

I deal with Craigslisters quite often and I'm not above telling people to flat out leave my property.

And I don't care how far you drove to get to my house. I've had people come with their VERY well behaved children, so its possible to find good eggs on Craigslist. Its just disrespectful to let your children run wild out in public/at someone elses home, period.

I generally wait for the parent to stop the behavior, but I do not have a problem telling someone else's child to stop a bad behavior on my property. Most parents will catch on and curb it, but I can give a hell of an evil eye to a child(they don't know I'm a big pushover). I don't accept damaging treatment of any animal regardless of what or who it is.

Back
Top Bottom