Bad day. Hubby's in the hospital!

I did >.> My brother brought me some bakery fresh preservative-free french bread, and I ended up eating every last bit of the large piece he gave me. Mmm.

My husband thinks I'm weird for liking bread so much...
smile.png

I finally got through to him on his room's phone. Turns out it wasn't plugged in
roll.png
He's feeling better, but exhausted- won't be able to do much for at least 24 hours because they gave him narcotics.

We'll get through, we always do. But I'll be sick from worry.

I'm so glad you live near family. I don't understand why people live so far from family. (rethinks this as memories of older sister surface)

Anyhow, we replaced the thingy that makes the agitator agitate on out washing machine a while back. It cost $100. It turned out to be the motor instead, so we bought a new washing machine. The old one is still sitting there (guess we're rednecks) and if that part is what your brother or family needs to fix their washer, you can have it. It's on a Maytag Performa, but when we were looking on-line for a replacement, we found out it was on many different washers, different brands.

I was going to suggest you move here, as your husband could get a good job at YPG driving. They always need drivers, for driving tanks, trucks, all kinds of things, and they pay well. But your family is there. That's important. And Oregon is a beautiful state.

Quote:
Yea... I'm not planning to ever leave Oregon again. Did that once- we moved to Ohio for three years. It was never right.

No news this morning... *Crosses fingers*

Well, finally. He was discharged this afternoon, and got back to his truck about 6pm pst. Still no idea how things are going to go- his company's Occupational Health people never answered when he called. So he's stuck overnight at the very least. He may have to come all the way home and get a physician to look at him before he can drive for them again. Unfortunately, I have been trying to get in to a physican for a month or so now- unless you call at 8am Monday mornings, you're kinda SOL.

I finally called to see about getting him help from the VA, since he IS a Veteran. He's wanted nothing to do with the military since he got out, though- so he never called them or anything. This got him to realize he really needed to, since the original injury was from his time in the Air Force. Hopefully he'll qualify for their assistance, and we can get him looked at.

As usual, the X-rays showed nothing out of wack- just slight disc compression/degeneration. A physical therapist once told him it was his SI joint getting out of place (or something along those lines), but he's never had it looked at with any real intent to fix or find the cause. He dislikes doctors.

he.gif
... At least we know where the stupid-stubborness comes from in our son
smile.png
I'm plenty stubborn... but not stupidly so!

I hope all goes well for you and your family. Glad your DH got released from the hospital. Hopefully his company will be understanding and let him keep driving.

Good luck.

YAY!! He's finally been cleared- he can go back to driving!! He just needs a load, now.

It does mean one of the two paychecks we NEEDED to make rent is going to be almost nothing, and the chances of him making enough money to cover it in one week are pretty much nil- the most he's ever gotten paid is around $800. That was a fluke- it was only because he has one majorly long-hauled load (He's paid my the mile like most long haul truckers) that delivered Sunday rather then Saturday. Cutoff for pay week? Saturday at midnight.

We usually get between $200-$400 a week at best, and we need around $900. Im overjoyed he's out, and can drive again... but I've spent most the morning nauseated from fear/stress. God I need a stress relief o.o

Thank you all VERY VERY much for the best wishes and prayers and such. I'm new here, but been here almost all day most days reading for the last four days- so this got posted here, because I needed to get it out. Having a bunch of people who cared enough for a newbie to be so nice is wonderful, and you all really did help me
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
He finally realized HE DANG WELL NEEDS TO. So I made the call myself yesterday- dang, but the packet he needs to fill out arrived with the mail today! So we just need his discharge papers... o.o Oh boy. I get to go dig around and try to find them....
barnie.gif

Thankfully, if I can't, the VA guy I spoke to gave me the web addy for a site where we can order a copy. Whew.

And he's already been sent to Cali, and will be... going right back to Nevada with the load he'll be picking up. Reno's a bit of a dead-end for freight, though apparently Washington is worse. Still... he's moving again, and he sounds loads more alert and happy, one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom