Bad day. Hubby's in the hospital!

Rainsong

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 12, 2009
Beaverton, OR
I got up this morning already stressed. I'm trying to get my four year old to eat more then just PB&J, Grilled cheese, and Macroni and Cheese. Oh and crackers, chips, and junk food. Yesterday we started it, and it went badly. He is a very stubborn little boy
he.gif
On top of that, my husband has a ticket in CA (he's a truck driver) and we couldn't get a hold of anyone yesterday about it- court date today. AND then there's worries about making rent...

Yep. Stress. But I was woken up by the phone- my husband calling. He got ahold of someone, got an extention...
celebrate.gif

And then, two hours later, he calls back. Well, that's odd... and then he tells me he's in the ER! What?! He was home on home time last week, and messed his back up. Seems he tripped in the fuel station and it sent his back into massive spasms. He had to have help to stand up, and worse, couldn't even get into his truck- so he had to go to the ER. I need to ask how he got there...

Anyways, he called about an hour ago, yet again. Seems he's being admitted- he can't walk for more then a short bit before his back spasms insanely again, despite the heavy duty meds he's on. He literally could not get back into the bed, it was so bad.

... I'll tell you, this year has been hell, and things were finally going sort of ok- and getting back on track. Now this? He doesn't make money if he's sitting still, and this week and next week are all we have to make rent in. I don't have a job, no one wants to hire me. If his back is this messed up, he can't drive- and how long is he going to be out for? Is he even going to have a job when he CAN drive?!

I really just feel like crying right now. Maybe I should just start packing now...
hit.gif

th.gif
Wow! Thats alot on your plate at once! So sorry!
sad.png
I hope everything works out for you guys!
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
I'd handle this so much better, except this is a prime example of how things have been going since last December when my husband was laid off. Even before that, really, but at least I had a break for a few months then.

Since then we've had my husband scramble for work, get work, have to quit and go back to long haul trucking, had to have family help to pay rent/bills a few times, our car has been shot (Yep, SHOT), potty trained our son someplace in there, and... all the day to day drama of a stubborn has heck little boy- by myself.

I'm tired. Very very tired. In many ways. I dunno what to think of this... I'm gonna go stare at pictures of cute fuzzy chickies again, now.

Many prayers everything will turn around for you and your family & your husband heals up very quickly, too.

Is there any family member who could help you a little right now, maybe? That is a lot to handle on your own. I believe I would need the help~most definitely!
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
Hang in there.... BYC is a great outlet if you need someone to talk to. Please keep us updated on the status of your DH, I will pray for you
hugs.gif

Quote:
Sort of. My mother, brother, and step-father live spitting distance from here- that is, a 10-15 minute walk if we're being real slow. My brother's over this evening to wash clothes- apparently their washer's agitator stopped working. They aren't sure when, but he realized it during a load of laundry last night.

Still waiting for my husband to call me back and tell me the # for his hospital room, and all.

I am sorry things are going poorly for your family. I hope your husband gets better soon. I can sympathize. My husband went through 2 back surgeries last year and spent 6 months on the couch. It was no fun. (That's putting it mildly.) Just keep telling yourself that it WILL get better, and have absolute faith in that statement, and eventually... It WILL get better.
hugs.gif

Thanks guys.

I've finally got the numbers to call, but he's busy at the moment- apparently there's a nurse in taking case notes or whatever. I called and passed the numbers on to his mother, who he wasn't so keen on having them, but
tongue.png

I've got the worst urge right now to pig out on sweets. Except we haven't got any, so I think I'm safe. I'm so stressed I'm starting to think funny. I found a person online offering "button quail" kits- food, eggs, book etc. And I keep thinking I should get it, except.... I don't have an incubator, or any place to put them if they did hatch. I keep having to remind myself of that.

I just want something to look forward to, something happy and all.

Go ahead and pig out. Sometimes you just have to. I can be very creative.

Bread, peanut butter and maple syrup mmmmmm

chocolate chips with frosting...

On the bright side, you have each other and your little boy. That is what really matters.

Back
Top Bottom