Bad Ebay eggs

This just happen to me bought 12 eggs they sent 15 and 9 weren't even fertilized when I cracked them open at 7 days for candling clear the yolks were intacked and didn't have bad air cells I only got 2 chicks from the fifteen. I know how you feel it stinks and feel some people scam.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but it doesn't really mean that you were scammed. Since at least some of the eggs you received were fertile it is more likely that instead of intentionally sending you eggs that couldn't have possibly been fertile (that would be indicated by all eggs being infertile), it is a matter of what can happen to anyone - even those hatching eggs from their own flock - in that, for one reason or another, some of the eggs laid/gathered for a particular batch just were not fertilized.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but it doesn't really mean that you were scammed. Since at least some of the eggs you received were fertile it is more likely that instead of intentionally sending you eggs that couldn't have possibly been fertile (that would be indicated by all eggs being infertile), it is a matter of what can happen to anyone - even those hatching eggs from their own flock - in that, for one reason or another, some of the eggs laid/gathered for a particular batch just were not fertilized.
I agree, and as a seller this is something that concerns both sides. Yes, there are people out there that are looking to make a buck, and don't care how they do it. There are also those of us that try to raise quality chickens, are proud of what we have made, and are proud to share it. Some things are just beyond our control, and that's why I get a little defensive on behalf of the seller. Like Mare said, some were fertile. It is highly unlikely that he intentionally sent you infertile eggs. If I were selling fertiles, I would absolutely hope that 100% were fertile, and 100% hatched, but I don't think I would offer any kind of guarantee. There are just too many variables

I agree, and as a seller this is something that concerns both sides. Yes, there are people out there that are looking to make a buck, and don't care how they do it. There are also those of us that try to raise quality chickens, are proud of what we have made, and are proud to share it. Some things are just beyond our control, and that's why I get a little defensive on behalf of the seller. Like Mare said, some were fertile. It is highly unlikely that he intentionally sent you infertile eggs. If I were selling fertiles, I would absolutely hope that 100% were fertile, and 100% hatched, but I don't think I would offer any kind of guarantee. There are just too many variables

You are absolutely correct. There is no way to tell if eggs aren't fertile. Buying shipped eggs is a risk, all listings that I have seen clearly state that they do not guarantee any to hatch due to many circumstances that are out of their control. The biggest rule of buying shipped eggs is... If you aren't willing to totally lose your money, DON'T BUY THE EGGS

Lol.. i wish i was a lawyer... It was actually an old racehorse i had...

yeah it stinks that none of the eggs developed. I just know with other things ive sold on ebay, if the buyer had an issue, they opened a case. But i always refunded their $ or offered a replacement if they werent happy. But my listing always says no refunds or returns.

Thats why i was asking.

Thanks all... ill be praying for a $35 pullet...lmfao

Praying for a girl for you. The 1 chick I got from my 4 1/2 dozen shipped eggs is about a $125.00 bird. Luckily she was a pullet
ya.gif

Ugh I was going to say to let it reflect in your review. I have had some real
Disappointment in my purchases recently-- 4/17 developed, confirmed no bullseye in non-developers. These were local, I had shipped eggs that were 100%. I paid for eggs of pure English Lav Orph, told that the black one is a "family pet and doesn't lay anymore / all are lavender so lavender will give 100% lav". I paid for it, including the few mutts that hatched from the black and the multiple splashes as Dad was actually splash. They knew they were getting white babies, just showed me the lavender one. It's a shame. It was my first year doing business with chicken folks. I value the honest. I will remember the folks who played it straight and I will read reviews for anyone else. Feel free to mention in reviews. I had some eggs that weren't shipped the best (some were upside-down) but post office really messed them up... rolling air cells. Still, all developed, all except one hatched. Buyer beware I suppose.

Just a warning do not buy eggs off ebay from holistic pastures they never sent my eggs tried to get me on silver laced orpington she has very bad reviews. Trust me.

Back
Top Bottom