Bad Egg development?

FarmAir

Songster
5 Years
Jul 12, 2016
I had about 20 eggs in the incubator. Midway through development all the eggs stopped growing. The very last egg in the incubator was the only one to hatch. I don't understand as there were other eggs put in the same day or day before and they were all fertile. I'm just confused about what happened. Some of them leaked horrible smelling droplets and I took them out immediately, while others didn't leak at all. But why did only the 1 out of 20 hatch? Shouldn't it have gone bad too?

:welcome!

Can you tell us what kind of incubator you were using? What were your temperature and humidity throughout incubation?

It's a little giant Incubator. Temp ranged between 98.8-100 and humility stayed between 60-80. Before this batch I successfully hatched out another batch of about 30 chicks.... That's why I didn't understand what happened with this one. The temp and humidity were the same with both batches.

Was it 60-80% for the whole incubation? That is very high and could be why you lost them all. It's best to stay between 30-50% for the first 18 days of incubation. How did the air cells looks? You want them to look like this:

Air cells looked like they were progressing properly. I kept humidity set between 60-65 for the first 2 weeks, and then a couple days before hatch raised it into the 70's.

Back
Top Bottom