Bad pic. Can u tell breed??

Rumpless is dominant, so Araucana could be pretty far back in lineage as long as rumpless mutts were used for the continuation of the breeding project.

Rumpless bearded EEs are a project for some backyard breeders as Araucana are very difficult to breed.

Wait, they're laying? I would have bet money based on the pics in the original post that those were ~4ish month old EE cockerels. lol

he told me there were eggs in there pen. and there the only two in there. my guess he didnt know there age and is guessing on there ages. they look young to me in the pic. He dont know much about birds.... im ganna have to go out there in person and see his set up and see if he has any other birds in his pen

easter eggers i had an easter roo he looked a lot like the one you can see his eye in the pic //id bet money on that one a roo ///.…he is pretty …….as far as crowing mine didnt crow for a long time and didnt crow alot….the other one based on the comb and not being able to see much else a hen ….but would bet it…but im leaning hen ……so my guess easter eggers one roo one hen ……my easter egger had yellow legs too

bears? ?? lol

ameracanas have the beards, muffs, and tails while araucanas are tailless, have no beard or muffs, but they do have ear tuffs
This IS an interesting thread.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the UK can't Araucanas have tails and also crests?? -- And if a bird is a breed...i.e. Araucana, isn't it interesting that the characteristics can be so different across the pond?? --

Also, isn't a slate or blue leg a requirement for an Ameraucana? soooo confusing, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom