Bad pic. Can u tell breed??

stephanie1992

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Central California (Denair/Turlock)
My friend texted me this pic and asked me breed. im thinking SLW. he said there rose comb and have yellow legs, but its hard to tell from pic. will try to get them to send a better pic tomorrow when its light out. it could be a mix. i think i see a beard... could just be the way there laying

GOT MORE INFO: (i still think there EE)

There are two chickens, same color. same look. Do not have tails. They are rumpless. Bottoms of feet are White/grey in color. Legs are Bright Yellow. They are about 4-5 months of age he thinks. Act like hens. No Crowing. Not aggressive. Smallish in size.

Last edited:
he might have been told Americana but they arent a recognized color so that would make them ee's and they might be cockerels

Animal control is the new authority on chickens? I better tell my neighbor I want some Marans and Ameraucana next time she picks them up!!!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Animal control is the new authority on chickens? I better tell my neighbor I want some Marans and Ameraucana next time she picks them up!!!
lau.gif

I've seen Humane Societies misidentify dog breeds (purebred marked as mixes, mixes as pure and incorrect breeds for purebreds), ages (sent home folks with a dog identified as an 10-12 week old puppy that had 8 + month old dentition--try to explain to the owner how their German Shepherd pup is really a corgi cross and is gong to stay that size), and even male cats and a guinea pig misidentified as females. Can't imagine they would trust them with accuracy of chicken breeds...

I've seen Humane Societies misidentify dog breeds (purebred marked as mixes, mixes as pure and incorrect breeds for purebreds), ages (sent home folks with a dog identified as an 10-12 week old puppy that had 8 + month old dentition--try to explain to the owner how their German Shepherd pup is really a corgi cross and is gong to stay that size), and even male cats and a guinea pig misidentified as females. Can't imagine they would trust them with accuracy of chicken breeds...

lol haha ya that is true. i havent seen these birds in person. and the owner of them dnt know much about chicken breeds. soo if he was told they were pure hed believe it haha. ill tell him what they are and that they are a mix

I talked to him in person today. There are two chickens, same color. same look. Do not have tails. They are rumpless. Bottoms of feet are White/grey in color. Legs are Bright Yellow. They are about 4-5 months of age he thinks. Act like hens. No Crowing. Not aggressive. Smallish in size.

Back
Top Bottom