Bad pic. Can u tell breed??

I have a couple of Ameraucana/EE mixes that look similar. Part of a boy's 4H project, they are 5 weeks, have green legs.
Here are pics of them:

Little Roo here and above

above: pullet named Squawker....named by the kindergartners that had the incubator in their classroom

Little Roo's back

Last edited:
Ideas on this everyone....look at the first pic in my previous post, the black bodied pullet's legs are black, with her toes being yellow, below is a pic of her also, what breed or cross do you think? She was in the same hatch as little roo and squawker, from the same "breeder"

The original pics are two EE girls, the beards you can see there, they are Columbian colored that is poorly bred/diluted from cross breeding. Often mistaken for boys because EE's typically that are that coloring are boys (black/dark brown and white only no other colors), there is a thread devoted to Feather patterns on EE's that discusses it, you could search if you want more info. The rumpless comes from the Araucana, which many EE's are derived from. EE's are a mix of Araucana and/or Ameraucana and anything else. They can look like just about anything, but usually have the muffs and/or beard. They can on seldom occasion be clean faced. The difference between a pure Ameraucana and an EE, is the EE's come in any color, the Ameraucana's have standard colors, plus slate legs, muffs, beard pea comb,usually lay some sort of blue tinted egg. The EE's have green legs often, sometimes other colors, they can lay blue, but more often green, and sometimes other colors like tan or pinkish tinted tan. It is possible to have an EE that looks like a pure Ameraucana if it happened to inherit all the right traits.

This is one of mine here, a female columbian patterned EE (diluted from mixed breeding): The columbian pattern is usually a bit more white through the body without all the flecks of dark. She lays a huge light green egg.

Last edited:
Ideas on this everyone....look at the first pic in my previous post, the black bodied pullet's legs are black, with her toes being yellow, below is a pic of her also, what breed or cross do you think? She was in the same hatch as little roo and squawker, from the same "breeder"

That top black one could be an australorp mix. I would have said marans, and there is a chance, but the missing feathered feet probably means not. The white should go away and that chick will be mostly black as it matures....if it gets brown on its neck at about 3 months old it may be a marans mix still.

I talked to him in person today. There are two chickens, same color. same look. Do not have tails. They are rumpless. Bottoms of feet are White/grey in color. Legs are Bright Yellow. They are about 4-5 months of age he thinks. Act like hens. No Crowing. Not aggressive. Smallish in size. 

Well should start laying at about 6 mth so you'll know soon an deff EE I have some with same color an r rumpless dose any one know if you can get pure breed arucanas that just produce blue eggs hatcheries an feed store told me no only ee

Back
Top Bottom