Bad Roo

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by doghamstyluv95, Feb 11, 2008.

1. doghamstyluv95

doghamstyluv95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    Coco used to be nice and friendly. But then he turned into a big fat meanie. A lot of the times when we come in to the coop he starts attacking our shoes very hard. Once he also pecked my mom and almost made her bleed through a thick sweater! Pluffy our little silkie roo actually protects us whenever Coco attacks. Like he literally trys to pull Coco off and fights him. Now I'm really scared for little Pluffy because Coco can definitely do some damage to the poor little guy. Is there anything to do to stop Coco from attacking us. In the summer, it will get really dangerous since we will only have t-shirts and shorts on.

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    i'm afraid you might not be able to reverse it. I have to keep one of my silkie roos because he is not friendly. He has hit my hand a couple of time and made it bleed.

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Check the link to my page in my signature line, it might help.

4. doghamstyluv95

doghamstyluv95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    Well today he actually let me hold him. He was actually falling asleep in my arms and enjoying, even when I let go of him, he didn't run away. It was amazing but then later today he attacked my shoes again. Such a strange roo.........[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by