badger

Tuhmu

Crowing
11 Years
May 22, 2012
North Dakota
So I'm pretty sure a badger moved onto the property not 80 ft. from my barn and hen houses. I'm really worried about having him there because of the huge hole he's digging (have two horses in that pasture) plus all the horror stories of how vicious they are. I've already seen my house cat checking out the hole (about had a heart attack) and I'm going to be turning out the goat herd to that pasture pretty soon and my goats are so snoopy that I'll give them about 5 sec to find that hole. Also worried about him coming down to attack my poultry, my ducks regularly walk right in front of that hole to play in the water.

The hole is on the side of a steep hill (will try to get pictures of it tonight). What would be the best course of action here, having a stake-out with the spotlight and .22 or filling up the hole and putting a big rock on it or something?? I have read that it may just move on, but how far? And I cant bare to have any of my animals ripped apart by this beast.

So I'm pretty sure a badger moved onto the property not 80 ft. from my barn and hen houses. I'm really worried about having him there because of the huge hole he's digging (have two horses in that pasture) plus all the horror stories of how vicious they are. I've already seen my house cat checking out the hole (about had a heart attack) and I'm going to be turning out the goat herd to that pasture pretty soon and my goats are so snoopy that I'll give them about 5 sec to find that hole. Also worried about him coming down to attack my poultry, my ducks regularly walk right in front of that hole to play in the water.

The hole is on the side of a steep hill (will try to get pictures of it tonight). What would be the best course of action here, having a stake-out with the spotlight and .22 or filling up the hole and putting a big rock on it or something?? I have read that it may just move on, but how far? And I cant bare to have any of my animals ripped apart by this beast.
Bye-bye badger!! Sounds like he's building a new home..they like hillsides for some reason. Putting a rock over the hole won't do a thing to deter him....time for a little "hunting trip" for sure!

Back
Top Bottom