Badly swollen inner eyelid and eye bump

As you can see, it is getting really bad. There also appears to be the start of another tiny bump above her “better” eye. The swollen ball thing has completely covered her bad eye. Her feathers on her bad side or crusty, I’m assuming from cleaning herself.
CA3A419E-3DEB-4F55-A60A-9F8C48C254E1.jpeg

Attachments

• 6B56A847-B9F7-41A2-844A-2A80D8B23932.jpeg
    6B56A847-B9F7-41A2-844A-2A80D8B23932.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 7
  • D4F3966F-CC00-4A41-BAEF-4D5C9E6548CC.jpeg
    D4F3966F-CC00-4A41-BAEF-4D5C9E6548CC.jpeg
    408 KB · Views: 8
If you press on that really swollen eye, can you get any pus out of it?

Holy guacamole. I’ve tried pressing on it but I haven’t tried THAT hard…… what if I can’t get it?! Will I just hurt her? Poor baby 😭

does it say what the chicken’s problem was?

Holy guacamole. I’ve tried pressing on it but I haven’t tried THAT hard…… what if I can’t get it?! Will I just hurt her? Poor baby 😭

does it say what the chicken’s problem was?
I believe the chick in the video likely had eye infection due to respiratory illness, but removing pus is generally done the same way regardless of the cause. Sometimes a bird may get something stuck in the eye like a piece of feed/seed or debris and this can fester as well.

Chicken pus is fairly firm so you may not be pressing hard enough.
There's other videos on youtube if you search where vet's or owners are also digging out pus with some type of tools. I would try pressing it out first.

I believe the chick in the video likely had eye infection due to respiratory illness, but removing pus is generally done the same way regardless of the cause. Sometimes a bird may get something stuck in the eye like a piece of feed/seed or debris and this can fester as well.

Chicken pus is fairly firm so you may not be pressing hard enough.
There's other videos on youtube if you search where vet's or owners are also digging out pus with some type of tools. I would try pressing it out first.
Alright I’ll try again. Wish me luck 😳

Is it possible that it is fowl pox - just unfortunately got in her eyelid?

she’s developing more bumps. I’m applying the terramycin still. Separated from the other still and none have shown any sign of this.

Seriously considering putting her down, but she is still perfectly active and eating/drinking fine. such a rough thing :(

Back
Top Bottom