Baffled!

PetesMom

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2012
Columbia County, NY
I went into the barn today and noticed in the corner SOMEONE made a nest...there is one egg in it and it's huge! I cannot for the life of me pin who it's from.

My flock consists of muscovies, mallards, pekins, runners and my 2 buff geese

Now I suspected the geese. I THOUGHT my older one (about 4 months old) was a male and the younger one a month and a half younger (not sure of her sex....I was assuming she was a she). The older acts like a male and he was sold to me as a gander....but IF he is really a she....aren't both of them too young to be laying?

Unless I have a muscovy that's laying GIANT eggs then I'm not sure what to think....this egg is about twice the size of the other duck eggs.

Picture below left to right
Chicken, duck, goose (on the small side) and Emu
1683ba46.jpg

Here is a picture.....if it's not the goose then our muscovy hen laid an abnormally huge egg! I stuck it in the other muscovy hens nest and it was literally twice the size of the normal duck eggs

Here is a picture.....if it's not the goose then our muscovy hen laid an abnormally huge egg! I stuck it in the other muscovy hens nest and it was literally twice the size of the normal duck eggs

Maybe it's a double yolk egg? They appear much larger than normal.

Back
Top Bottom