PetesMom

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2012
Columbia County, NY
I went into the barn today and noticed in the corner SOMEONE made a nest...there is one egg in it and it's huge! I cannot for the life of me pin who it's from.

My flock consists of muscovies, mallards, pekins, runners and my 2 buff geese

Now I suspected the geese. I THOUGHT my older one (about 4 months old) was a male and the younger one a month and a half younger (not sure of her sex....I was assuming she was a she). The older acts like a male and he was sold to me as a gander....but IF he is really a she....aren't both of them too young to be laying?

Unless I have a muscovy that's laying GIANT eggs then I'm not sure what to think....this egg is about twice the size of the other duck eggs.

PetesMom

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2012
Columbia County, NY
Here is a picture.....if it's not the goose then our muscovy hen laid an abnormally huge egg! I stuck it in the other muscovy hens nest and it was literally twice the size of the normal duck eggs

BayGoose

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 2, 2012
PA
Here is a picture.....if it's not the goose then our muscovy hen laid an abnormally huge egg! I stuck it in the other muscovy hens nest and it was literally twice the size of the normal duck eggs
Maybe it's a double yolk egg? They appear much larger than normal.

Top Bottom