Bake sale...need ideas. Update pics/sale results!

Quote:
I don't know...good question! I'll call the bake sale guru and let you know! I was wondering that myself but didn't know how to ask ...but I will
big_smile.png
Cuz I'm BOLD like that!

I'm always looking for fund raising ideas but never know what to price things at. I may need to get some bantams just for pickled eggs.
big_smile.png

I used regular sized eggs for mine....and thank goodness that I did. I got 6-8 eggs in the pint jars (with beets and juice) and 12-15 eggs in the quart size jars!!

Imagine how many eggs you'd need from the bantams!

Well she replied back with what she put on those jars of eggs. She said that next year (if I will help out) she will definitely charge more for the eggs...she only put $2.00 on the pint size jars and $3.00 on the quarts.
th.gif
rant.gif
I almost feel jipped!! I feel that price was way too low...to the point where I'm almost disgusted about it. I realize it's all for donation
ecomcity.gif
ecomcity.gif
ecomcity.gif
But Come On!! They came with jars, lids, bands--not just a ziploc baggie! I doubt they would sell as well if I put them in plastic comtainers. I thought the presentation itself was worthy of something.

She has already asked that I make those next year because she realizes that they will sell and sell fast, and she doesn't want me to get burdened with baking other things (just wants me make eggs
wink.png
), but how do I politely tell her that I won't if she's going to "give" them away. Yeah, I know she said she'd charge more but seriously....I guess I'm just disappointed at how little she valued them to begin with!! Is this one of those things where it's a lesson learned for her? And pull up my big girl panties and deal with it for me? And just know she realizes that she charged too little for them?

I know at the next band booster meeting I'll be asking everyone to save their mayonnaise jars for me
big_smile.png
Every little bit helps! I definitely don't want to and won't use my canning jars. Maybe I'm just venting a little.

IMHO, I'd suck it up and price it before you get there next year. I felt the same with my pies. I put $5.00 on them and they all went to one person! I think I'll put $8 next year. It's over and done with. The thing is, people will remember them next year and will buy them up! I'd put at least $5 on a quart jar and $3 on the pints. If not more. Figure out the price you think they should be and attach a cute little price tag. Don't feel gypped...they all sold out quickly and people will be looking for them next year!

Consider it a success...remember a lot of people (me included!) didn't think they would be a big seller. It was a trial run and next year you'll sell them for the right price.

Congrats!

Shelly

Oh! And I would definitely be asking people to save their mayonnaise jars! And maybe quilt scraps?? for the tops?

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom