Baker's Grease...GREAT STUFF for making your cakes FALL OUT of the pan

Thanks for this tip! I'm going to try it when baking bread for the market tonight. Will report back.

Does this leave any residue or baked on film on your pans? Easy clean-up is very important to me! lol!

Here is a recipe using this stuff.

Make up a white bread recipe of your choice. Divide in half.

Get a bread pan and grease it up good with that stuff.

Sprinkle cinnamon sugar generously in the pan. Add walnuts if you like.

Take half of that bread dough on your bread board, and using a chef's knife or dough scraper, chop more cinnamon sugar into the dough. Chop chop chop, turn and chop some more. Add more cinnamon sugar if you want. When it is chopped up and as cinnamony as you like, gather all the pieces and press them into your bread pan.

Rise til almost double and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes in a 350 * oven.

When it is done, turn the bread out upside down into a plate immediately.

I was a bakery manager for Safeway for years. That's how we made the cinnamon chunky bread.
smile.png

Quote:
No, I never noticed any residue or baked on film at all. I do usually use non-stick pans and I don't think I tried this with regular pans. They always cleaned up like a breeze!

Quote:
On the original recipe, there was no mention of melting the shortening (I don't think you're supposed to) and I have always used the Crisco at room temperature and that worked fine.

No , there is no need to melt the shortening first. I use a mixer and mix it til it peaks , gets fluffy like marshmellow cream.
I have been making this for years , great stuff !

If you are making a chocolate cake or something chocolate and dont want the white on the bottom from the flour , just replace the flour with hershey cocoa.

I always make big batch of this cause i do lots of baking and it last forever.If its too hot in the house and it seperates just mix it up before using, if melting sit it in refrigerator .

I always just leave mine sit up on the shelf though , so love this stuff !

I'm going to whip up a batch myself. Those of you on this thread check our other thread "What are you baking now?" Lots of get recipes there that would be perfect for using this release tip.

Sandee

Back
Top Bottom