Baking FOR my gals! What flour should i use to bake my chickens a warm bread-like treat?!

My Very First 6 Chickens

*~* Livin', Lovin', Learnin' *~*
May 5, 2021
Connecticut
Here i am again asking you: What could i use instead of white flour if i wanted to bake the chickens some bread or a warm something??? It must be healthy and will not replace their feed. Thanks my chicken peeps! I love ya 🐓❤️

Attachments

• 09473457-224E-47F5-8F76-0BCC742E28C7.jpeg
    09473457-224E-47F5-8F76-0BCC742E28C7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 32
I would probably just use crumble. I answered this question for someone else wanting to make cookies the other day as well. Cookies would probably be easiest. You can easily ration the amounts, and the dough is easier.
I would probably make a recipe that looked somewhat like this-

2-3c crumble feed
1/2c 100% natural unsalted peanut butter (peanut paste is even better since theres no preservatives. You want a peanut butter with no additives or preservatives)
4-8Tbl water

Something like the above to make a thick dough. Theres also this thread recipe for people that you could use- https://marisamoore.com/peanut-butter-banana-breakfast-cookies/
Maybe sub the oats for feed, or just do oats. I would avoid any sweetener though, so the oats, banana, and peanut butter is probably a good idea.

I would probably just use crumble. I answered this question for someone else wanting to make cookies the other day as well. Cookies would probably be easiest. You can easily ration the amounts, and the dough is easier.

2-3c crumble feed
1/2c 100% natural unsalted peanut butter (peanut paste is even better since theres no preservatives. You want a peanut butter with no additives or preservatives)
4-8Tbl water

Something like the above to make a thick dough. Theres also this thread recipe for people that you could use- https://marisamoore.com/peanut-butter-banana-breakfast-cookies/
Maybe sub the oats for feed, or just do oats. I would avoid any sweetener though, so the oats, banana, and peanut butter is probably a good idea.
How long would you bake it?

How long would you bake it?
Until it seemed somewhat hardened. 12-15 minuets at 350 degrees.
You could probably make some adjustments as well. Pumpkin puree instead of banana. Less sweet, more nutritious, and if you followed that recipe in the link, I bet it would turn out pretty darn good.
This is a fun thread. :D

I looked at the recipe:
1 cup feed/or oats, or both
banana (super ripe)
peanut butter (raw peanut butter or NO additives)
Oven to 350 till golden. Maybe 10-12 minutes.
I will be trying this. Thanks chicken friends!
🐓❤️
I think if i take the ‘dust’ left at bottom of their feed bowl and use that, then, no feed gets wasted. Hey maybe adding sunflower seeds too! Black oil ones of course! Huh…. You can use anything i suppose!

2-3c crumble feed
4-8Tbl water

I do the same thing for my dogs, pulse their dog food in a food processor, mix with peanut butter and water, then bake! :D

Back
Top Bottom