Baking Soda/Vinegar ratio for Euthanasia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried starter fluid, it does work on chicks. For me, snapping the neck or place it in bag, SMASH HARD against the concrete floor would kill the chick very very quickly. I've used the snap and smash method for twenty some years and it was not easy for me at first but the mindset has to be set in order to put the chick down. Do it quickly and do it surely with NO hesitation. If you hesitate, it gets harder and you won't have the mindset or the will to put an animal down or any animal down. If it bothers you very much to put an animal down and always require someone to do it for you and what happens if you don't have anyone and the animal suffers? At one time you will have to do it yourself.

Do the right, HUMANE thing... cut its head off...
its over in an instant.. and not torture like some other ways.
Please do the RIGHT thing... cut its head off. Dont make it suffer with any of these strange methods...
If you cant kill a chick or chicken humanely yourself, than you NEED to take it to a vet..just like you would do for any of your other animals..
Just my opinion..

Last edited:
I think the biggest problem for most people starting a thread like this (and there is a new one about every other day) is that they don't want to kill the chick. Snapping its neck or any method where blood might be seen is viewed as "barbaric" no matter the truth because the person doing the deed sees blood. No living being wants to die and most of us don't want to kill our lovingly cared for chickens. But you must sometimes, and that involves doing something you don't want to face doing. I agree that freezing to death and C02 asphyxiation is not kind. Cut its head off and be done with it. This is not easy to do but if you can't face what must be done, then don't even do it. Raise that animal and/or care for it. Some people do this, some view killing an animal because it is not perfect or seems to maybe be suffering as a barbaric act. In their view, if you wouldn't do that to your grandmother then why is it such a mercy to kill your animals? Just decide and do it.

Humans are indeed different.

I find THIS "mercy-killing" to be BARBARIC !!!

(Other "humans" find it wonderful.....to each their own.)

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

I have dealt with a family member so sick that any other ending would be more humane than the suffering they are going through,not being able to eat or drink and in extreme pain, while they beg you to kill them. The only reason we dont euthanize our Family members is because it isnt LEGAL and we cant. Thats why we choose to end it for our animals, because we CAN. I chose the C02 method because I didnt have to hold it in my hand and feel it fighting to get away. It did the job and I didnt have to be so up close and personal with the method.Thats what I chose.I started this thread to find a recipe,not to find a method, and I did. It was a great link and I am very thankful for it.Everyone has their way and I wont judge it.Its something you, yourself need to figure out what your capable of handling. Who gives a Rats-A88 what anyone else thinks, doesnt make you any less of a Chicken Lover:)

Quote:
Well gitlost, that is hard to argue with. The fact that you spent any time thinking of the process speaks well of you. Best wishes.

I feel that the "Pain" this thread is trying to AVOID is the "pain" of the KILLER.....

...It doesn't SEEM to me...that it is TRULY trying to avoid the "PAIN" of the victim.

BUT, I will honestly admit...that different people see things from different perspectives.

That's just from MY perspective,
hmm.png

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Yes, it is so easy to kill with carbon dioxide. Stick it in a container. Gas it. Out of sight, out of mind while the animal slowly suffocates. I have personally come close to drowning before. And I know carbon dioxide causes the same sensation of pain and panic that one feels when it, not being able to breathe as you struggle so badly to do so, while your lungs feel like they are going to burst. Glad your 'recipe' worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom