Bald Chicken

Allv

Hatching
Jul 12, 2021
Hi, I'm new here and I'm trying to know what's wrong with my little baby, I adopted her and her brother (as the old owner said, idk if it's true). He also was kind of bald when he came, now he's very fluffy, but she didnt made that same progress, still a very bald girl. They eat the same things, she is super active and hungry all the time, her eggs are healthy and she loves her sun baths, so shes a very happy girl, her only issue is her feathers. Any idea what this could be? or what could I give her? It's her breed or smth? Her mother is also like that, even worst, the owner said shes now completly bald, maybe knowing whats wrong can help her mom too!
Thanks and sorry for english mistakes if any~

Attachments

• NewCanvas3.png
    NewCanvas3.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 39
Hi, I'm new here and I'm trying to know what's wrong with my little baby, I adopted her and her brother (as the old owner said, idk if it's true). He also was kind of bald when he came, now he's very fluffy, but she didnt made that same progress, still a very bald girl. They eat the same things, she is super active and hungry all the time, her eggs are healthy and she loves her sun baths, so shes a very happy girl, her only issue is her feathers. Any idea what this could be? or what could I give her? It's her breed or smth? Her mother is also like that, even worst, the owner said shes now completly bald, maybe knowing whats wrong can help her mom too!
Thanks and sorry for english mistakes if any~
Maybe she is molting or is a turken hen. She also could be an ex battery hen. If she acts normally I wouldn’t be too worried

She looks like a naked neck frizzle. On her back/shoulders she's a frizzle so more likely to get bare back from the roo breeding her. She'll probably be like that for life. By the way, welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom