Bald spot on cuyuga duckling

funnyfarmmd

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2016
Western Maryland
Hi all,
I've got 5 baby cuyugas, 5 Perkins and 6 welsh harlequins. One of the baby cuyuga has a bald patches on his back. It seems larger every day. No mites or bugs and they don't seem to be pecking each other. It's just him. Given them supervised shallow warm bath time, plenty of water food clean brooder etc. Any thoughts or suggestions?
[/IMG]

I've only raised two batches of ducklings. I've never experienced bald spots like that on ducklings.

If you think they might be feather pulling or feather eating, try adding a dabbling bowl of finely chopped greens. (And a small container or chick grit)

It will help them express a natural behavior (foraging/dabbling) and will help ease boredom.

I've only raised two batches of ducklings. I've never experienced bald spots like that on ducklings.

If you think they might be feather pulling or feather eating, try adding a dabbling bowl of finely chopped greens. (And a small container or chick grit)

It will help them express a natural behavior (foraging/dabbling) and will help ease boredom.
Very good advise I agree, also you can go out and chop a piece of ground dirt and all and bring in for them they will play for hours. Looks to me like someone is nibbling. Do you have Blue Kote? It will help disguise the area because it turns it purple. Great for things like this. TSC carries it and make sure to get the one with the dabber helps keep it off of you better.
@funnyfarmmd

Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom