Band question

Pigeon28

Songster
Mar 14, 2020
Vermont
Has anyone used the ipb bands? Are they numbered? Did you like them? Looking for banding options for the future that wouldn’t require me to be a member to somewhere. Although I may want to join one, but just looking for options. Thanks for any help/input

Has anyone used the ipb bands? Are they numbered? Did you like them? Looking for banding options for the future that wouldn’t require me to be a member to somewhere. Although I may want to join one, but just looking for options. Thanks for any help/input
I haven't had them, remind me, does IPB stand for international pigeon ....?

You can order bands off of foys, strombergs, or the NPA website, without being a member. some you can order as few as 20, others are more. are your birds close to breeding? If you will only be getting a clutch of two, I can mail you a few extra bands of this year because you probably don't want to buy 20 bands to hand two birds... :)

I haven't had them, remind me, does IPB stand for international pigeon ....?

You can order bands off of foys, strombergs, or the NPA website, without being a member. some you can order as few as 20, others are more. are your birds close to breeding? If you will only be getting a clutch of two, I can mail you a few extra bands of this year because you probably don't want to buy 20 bands to hand two birds... :)
I believe it stands for Independent pigeon breeders, but haven’t found many reviews or pictures. I don’t believe they are close to breeding, I think they are too young but there was some cooing the other night and it just made me think of it but i really appreciate your offer! I was thinking you had to be a member to order the other bands from foys but good to know you don’t I guess it wouldn’t be a big deal which band I used I just wanted to make sure I can keep records.

Last edited:
I believe it stands for Independent pigeon breeders, but haven’t found many reviews or pictures. I don’t believe they are close to breeding, I think they are too young but there was some cooing the other night and it just made me think of it but i really appreciate your offer! I was thinking you had to be a member to order the other bands from foys but good to know you don’t I guess it wouldn’t be a big deal which band I used I just wanted to make sure I can keep records.
X2 what BP said. :D I also have a bunch of numbered AU (American racing pigeon Union) bands from prev years I could send some if you want.

PS Saw your loft photos. I really like it! Very clever how you stow away the scrapers, etc and the feeder. :thumbsup

Very interesting, I never knew that about the Pigeon Band!

I will have to admit, when I saw the title of the thread "Band Question", I thought it was going to be about THE BAND. You know THE BAND with Levon Helms, Robbie Robertson, Rich Manuel etc from the 60's/70's grassroots rock and roll?

The Weight, (Take a load of Fanny...), The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, Up on Cripple Creek...Good Stuff!

X2 what BP said. :D I also have a bunch of numbered AU (American racing pigeon Union) bands from prev years I could send some if you want.

PS Saw your loft photos. I really like it! Very clever how you stow away the scrapers, etc and the feeder. :thumbsup
Thankyou very much, that’s very nice of you! And Thankyou, I really appreciate it! I tried to take a little something from all of the lofts that I saw online that I liked and tried to make one that worked well for me!

Very interesting, I never knew that about the Pigeon Band!

I will have to admit, when I saw the title of the thread "Band Question", I thought it was going to be about THE BAND. You know THE BAND with Levon Helms, Robbie Robertson, Rich Manuel etc from the 60's/70's grassroots rock and roll?

The Weight, (Take a load of Fanny...), The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, Up on Cripple Creek...Good Stuff!
Also negative on “the band” lol, never heard of them 😅 I’m only 25 haha

As was stated, you don't need to be a member to buy the regular AU or IF bands (or NPA for that matter). Only need to be a member of a specialty club within either organization if you want to purchase the bands of the specialty club (like my ATB bands... or others). However, if you plan to race in the future I would recommend not using the IPB bands as they are not allowed in the races. I don't believe they are allowed in NPA shows either. I really don't know why foys bothers to keep selling the IPB bands... but oh well...

As was stated, you don't need to be a member to buy the regular AU or IF bands (or NPA for that matter). Only need to be a member of a specialty club within either organization if you want to purchase the bands of the specialty club (like my ATB bands... or others). However, if you plan to race in the future I would recommend not using the IPB bands as they are not allowed in the races. I don't believe they are allowed in NPA shows either. I really don't know why foys bothers to keep selling the IPB bands... but oh well...
Well I will most likely just go with the au bands then, Thankyou for the Info as it’s good to know about the shows as well!

Back
Top Bottom