Bandaging a leg

it seems I'm not done yet with this poor guy. The back wound has healed up very well and is just a small circle now compared to what it was. The leg is another story. It has improved a LOT and he is walking on it, limping less. But it's still a bother for him and the abscess is still there. Initially it was huge and whole thigh was swollen and it was pretty squishy. After the vet syringed out 3 syringe fulls of milky thick fluid, and another round of antibiotics it went down a lot and he has gained some weight back and is pretty perky. But the leg bothers me...I feel like this is not done yet. Vet won't give more antibiotics, says he's had enough. And after two visits and lots of strong antibiotics, i just can't afford to go to the vet a third time and press her. I've probably spent $300 there by this time. So I'm looking for suggestions from any folks out there that might have dealt with abscesses...or maybe now it's cellulitis? The area above the leg is still puffy but more hard now and the skin is yellow. I'd post a pic but hard to show anything because it's under all the leg feathers. If I press and poke around on it, when I stand him up, he is pulling his leg up and holding it, so clearly it gives him some pain. The size of the swelling is way, way less than it was initially, so should I maybe just be more patient and give it more time? Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom