Banjo

ChicknsRock

Crowing
8 Years
Oct 4, 2013
Rest In Peace Banjo, You Were The Best Chicken I Could Have Asked For. You Will Never Be Forgotten.
On a sunny May Saturday in 2013, a cute little black-and-yellow chick was hatched by a hen that had wandered from our neighbor's yard and nested under our horse trailer without our knowing it. She grew up with her brother, Rio, and was the sweetest, prettiest barred rock hen I had ever raised.
Banjo grew up in "Bitty City", the area of chickens where three broods of chicks were being raised. She had lots of fun "climbing" trees and perching on sticks.
Young Banjo in the pear tree:

Perching on her stick living in a chicken coop as a older pullet:
Banjo even enjoyed riding on my shoulder. She was very smart and listened to what I was saying when I talked to her.
And unfortunately, that fun-loving barred rock mix died February 26, 2014 from being spurred by a rooster.
She will always be remembered as the sweetest little hen.

hugs.gif
So sorry. I must say I really liked Banjo when I heard about you talking about her and posting pictures, I was very very sad to hear she passed
hit.gif
So sorry for your loss, and I am sure Banjo knew how much you loved her.

I am so sorry to hear you lost your baby. It is never easy to lose a feathered friend.
hugs.gif

I hope your heart can heal soon.
hugs.gif

Rest In Peace Banjo, You Were The Best Chicken I Could Have Asked For. You Will Never Be Forgotten.
On a sunny May Saturday in 2013, a cute little black-and-yellow chick was hatched by a hen that had wandered from our neighbor's yard and nested under our horse trailer without our knowing it. She grew up with her brother, Rio, and was the sweetest, prettiest barred rock hen I had ever raised.
Banjo grew up in "Bitty City", the area of chickens where three broods of chicks were being raised. She had lots of fun "climbing" trees and perching on sticks.
Young Banjo in the pear tree:

Perching on her stick living in a chicken coop as a older pullet:
Banjo even enjoyed riding on my shoulder. She was very smart and listened to what I was saying when I talked to her.
And unfortunately, that fun-loving barred rock mix died February 26, 2014 from being spurred by a rooster.
She will always be remembered as the sweetest little hen.

aw, RIP poor girl.
so sorry.

Back
Top Bottom