Banning Kids In Restaurants...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Exactly! When my kids were little I just didn't go to restaurants or movies. I knew expecting a young child to stay quiet for such a long time was unrealistic and I also knew I couldn't relax and enjoy the experience if I had to spend the whole time trying to keep them quiet. So it was easier to stay home or get take-out. Once they were 7-8 or so, and could be reasonably expected to sit still for that length of time, we resumed dining out.

I just have to say, I have grand kids that go out to eat with me, however, I have absolutely no problem with the owner of a restaurant restricting children from their establishment. There are plenty of place to eat that allow kids, I just think as an adult I should have the opportunity to eat in peace and quiet if i so choose to do so, thus no children, including crying babies.

I never said it was the child's fault for their ill behaviour, just that I don't want to put up with it!

Quote:
That's a good idea. The tack/feed store I sometimes go to has a sign that says any children found sitting on the saddles will be sold into slavery. That sign scares my daughter, course she took the time to read it. I think their target audience probably hits the door and heads straight for the displays.

The issue goes alot deeper. Back when I was growing up if a kid back talked a teacher, the teacher would slap your face, take you out into the hall and spank you etc etc. Then your parents would wear you out again when you got home. I have read in the news of parents being charged for disciplining their kids in pubic! As a customer I have every right to sit down to a quiet meal without having to listen to somebodies kids go wild. The same as if you choose to smoke, I could care less but I don't have to breath your smoke. Same with the person with the cell phone that rings every 5 minutes.

What about people coming to your house and letting their kids run wild. I just cringle when people come over to our place and the cars doors go flying open and the kids start piling out. Hello parents, this is my house not a play ground. I have asked customers to curb their kids and if that didn't stop it ask them to leave.

Steve

Last edited:
Along with the noisy child issue, which sometimes bothers me,
comes the even more annoying adult people who seem to talk
so very loud.

In a restaurant, please keep your conversation to your own table.

Same with heavy perfume odors. If I can smell you from more than
a few feet away...strong perfume odors make me actually sick

Of the three issues, I prefer the children. But I'm old and grumpy.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

My DH does not smoke, but last night he said he would rather be in a smoking establishment then to have to put up with ill manned children!

It must have been so bad that the restaurant was losing business. Otherwise, it would be a bad business decision if most of their customers were families with young children.

But, I do agree that way too many parents let their children run around between tables which can be dangerous when servers come around with food trays. I work in different libraries and so many parents let their kids run around while they're on the computer. We've had kids get hurt when they bang into things such as tables, carts being pushed by employees, etc.

I'm actually dumbfounded that these parents aren't embarrassed by their children's behaviors. When I was a kid, you were not allowed to leave the table at all without permission and for good reason, even at home.

i thin it is the restaurant's right to decide weather children can attend or not. Some restaurants are fine for children, but some are more relaxed atmosphere. if I go to a family style restaurant I know there will be children everywhere. My parents favorite activity is to go to a family restaurant on days like easter sunday to watch what they call " the floro show" I enjoy this as well. Adorable kids dressed in their best... given messy food. we often make pretend bets about how long it will take that baby at the next table to ruin her l white dress.

going to a family restaurants someone should not complain about the children, but if i go to a nice or romantic restaurant then I expect not to have rowdy kids ruining the experience.

just my opinion though

Quote:
I agree with this! Another thing is screaming babies......I know mom can't help it sometimes, but I don't want to sit next to a mother with a screaming infant, or a toddler having a total fit! Dining out is relaxation time!

I am the proud mom of 3... my kids were in restaurants from day 1 and the same with the movies. I allow for a certain level of noise when we are at a childs movie but they dont run wild. I allow for certain behavior when we are at chuck e cheese but again they dont run wild.

I HAVE removed my child from a store and movie and restaurant before for bad behavior.

its how kids learn. My kids who are now 19-14-8 have turned to me and said.. mom can we leave there are to many screaming kids here...LOL

I was in Walmart early on Sunday morning and turned to my husband and said.. lets go to many screaming kids and was actually gasped at for my comment... I dont go shopping to hear your kid scream... take it outside...

I have NO patients for ill mannered or ill behaved kids... there is no need for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom