Banning Kids In Restaurants...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
oh the library! I was taught to read before i reached kindergarten. i loved going to the library. if I was rowdy my mother would threaten to take me home which I did not want. I learned very quickly to quietly play in the children's section, looking at picture books in the bean bag seat, and then when i got older, i would check out the other sections.

Quote:
I have actually stopped my meal and asked for it to be packed because of this... but I also let management know why I was leaving too!
wink.png
I dont mind a lil spritz of perfume... but dont bathe in it its not sexy
sickbyc.gif

Whatever happened to taking the child OUTSIDE until he/she calms down? Seems like that used to be the way folks handled an upset child in public. I feel that they're MY kids and MY responsibility and if they're disruptive or inconvenient, they should only be to ME (and hubby)! These days it's a "me first" world and I hate it. If I'm out with my boys (ages 11 and 6) and we see out of control kids, I always point it out to them and they are also appalled at that kind of behavior.

Last edited:
Oh the Ivory Tower we have come to live in, in our society today......
I dont like the idea and actually take great offense to the original poster. What's next are we gonna make the kids eat at the back of the restaurant so they "know' their place?
Most of the problems I have ever had in a restaurant were with poorly behaved adults who cant watch their language. They expect all of us to listen to their "f-bombs" or whatever their colorful expletives might be. I am no saint and will cuss like a sailor when needed but I will not/do not do so in a public place where others or children might here such language.
This whole thread just makes me sad...

Quote:
I have actually stopped my meal and asked for it to be packed because of this... but I also let management know why I was leaving too!
wink.png
I dont mind a lil spritz of perfume... but dont bathe in it its not sexy
sickbyc.gif

LOL I was driving in to work today and I could smell perfume from the car in front of me. I had my windows open and the sun roof cracked open and doing 65, their windows were open just a few inches, I can only imagine what it smelled like in their car.
tongue.png

Steve

Quote:
Generally discipline is/was needed to get the child to "calm down". Now if you do this you get locked up or your child is taken away. Don't get me wrong, I do not believe in child abuse but I also believe "Spare the rod, spoil the child". Wonderful society we have created for ourselves.....

2 thumbs up wisewoman , I think the owners of the establishments should send the parents and their bad kids on down the road. When I was a kid we ate at the nicest places in the towns we were in rather on vacation or in our home town ,although if we misbehaved we were taken to the bathroom or out side and punished if this didnt work we left so not to disrupt the meals of others. I think the problem stems from the fact that times have changed and people just dont care about the feelings and rights of others. I have no children but if the people next to me when eating out do, as long as they behave it doesnt bother me for them to be there. I have asked parents of misbehaving kids and misbehaving adults to be respectful of others and control their actions or be prepared to pick up my check. This works sometimes but it has made some people fighting mad.

Generally discipline is/was needed to get the child to "calm down". Now if you do this you get locked up or your child is taken away.

100% true, and you are right we did it to ourselves.

I was in junior high, got in a fight with another kid and ended up in the office in front of the principal. We got a choice of 3 smacks with the paddle or kicked out of school for 3 days for fighting. Anything so mom & dad wouldn't find out, I will never forget my feet being lifted off the floor with each hit. Abuse....yes. On the other hand it was the way it was done back then, this was in the 70's. The rest on my time in school I was never sent to the office again so the point did get across.

Steve​

I don't know if they should ban children but sometimes I wonder about parents.
I was at a very nice pub type restuarant one evening and a few tables down people had a newborn baby. It started to cry and they put the baby in its carrier on top of their table. Poor baby cried for quite awhile.
I felt bad for the baby, it should have been at home in its crib, poor judgement in bringing it to a pub......period! I also felt bad for all of the patrons, who paid top dollar for a nice meal and had to listen to the baby.
The manager of the pub did nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom