Bantam Adventure

steny03

Chirping
6 Years
May 13, 2013
Nevada
Hello!! I just recently picked up three little bantam chicks, and hopefully they are all girls. I thought it might be neat to start a thread where I tracked how they are growing up. So here it goes!

I'm not sure how old these chicks are as I bought them from a feed store.

Here's my original photos of the chicks taken just a day or two after I got them home.

Chick #1 - Possibly a bantam EE?

Chick #2 - Bantam cochin?

Chick #3 - Another bantam cochin?

WEEK 1

I've had these chickies for a week now. I've started to name them, although I am afraid of getting too attached if one of them becomes a boy. They were also very skittish of me and the camera, so I'm not sure their stances are indicative of being male or female. I'm slowly working with them so they won't be so scared of me.

Chick #1 - Frittata

Chick #2 - No definite name yet. Her wing and foot feathers are starting to get impressive...

Chick #3 - No name yet either. Getting bigger, but not as feathered out as chick #2.

Last edited:
Congrats on the chicks! I bet the first chick is older then the rest, and possibly a roo.

I think Frittata was around 2 weeks old before I took it home, so maybe it's 3-4 weeks old now, although I'm not sure at all. I'm hoping it's a pullet, as it only stands that upright when it is scared. The comb is small and not pink yet, so there's hope...

Lol, at least I can hope it will turn out to be a pullet. :)

Haha always hope! that is, until it starts crowing. ;) I got 4 assorted bantams in march (My first ever!) And I am 90% positive I have 1 roo, maybe 2. I am completely alright with that, because I recently had to get rid of a mean roo and I miss his interaction with the hens and his crowing!

Haha always hope! that is, until it starts crowing. ;) I got 4 assorted bantams in march (My first ever!) And I am 90% positive I have 1 roo, maybe 2. I am completely alright with that, because I recently had to get rid of a mean roo and I miss his interaction with the hens and his crowing!

I have close neighbors, so I won't be able to keep a roo. So here's to hoping! I also believe chick #2 might be a d'Uccle with how the foot feathers are coming in...and not a bantam cochin now...but I'm not sure at all.

Last edited:
If it helps any, this is my porcelain bearded Belgian d'uccle (quite a mouth full!) At 4 weeks:

She (maybe he) looks ugly right now but s/he;ll turn pretty. :) You could post the pictures on the "What bree or gender is this?" In a couple weeks and I'm sure people will be able to tell you!

If it helps any, this is my porcelain bearded Belgian d'uccle (quite a mouth full!) At 4 weeks:

She (maybe he) looks ugly right now but s/he;ll turn pretty. :) You could post the pictures on the "What bree or gender is this?" In a couple weeks and I'm sure people will be able to tell you!

Thanks for the photo! I've got another thread in that forum, hoping that someone can guess the breed. :)

I have one that looks almost identical to this one. "Her" name is Violet. We bought her at TSC and she's 3 weeks old. We were told that all we bought that day were bantams.

Hello!! I just recently picked up three little bantam chicks, and hopefully they are all girls. I thought it might be neat to start a thread where I tracked how they are growing up. So here it goes!

I'm not sure how old these chicks are as I bought them from a feed store.

Here's my original photos of the chicks taken just a day or two after I got them home.

Chick #1 - Possibly a bantam EE?

Chick #2 - Bantam cochin?

Chick #3 - Another bantam cochin?

Alright great idea now we all can watch them grow up how nice of you ...

Back
Top Bottom