Bantam Barred Rocks, Bantam Buffed Rocks in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by whatchickens?, Sep 4, 2008.

1. whatchickens?

whatchickens? Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2008
    Does any have or know someone to point me in the direction for several bantam rocks in NJ or Eastern PA? I'm looking for barred and / or buff but hey must be hens. I appreciate any help![​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I think there is a fair coming up in fredon NJ. We got our bantam barred rocks there

3. whatchickens?

Sep 1, 2008
    Thanks for the info. You don't know any dates do you? I'll try to find something online but if you know the dates I'd appreciate the help.[​IMG]

4. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    your welcome. I think this is the place. http://www.newjerseystatefair.org/. We got bantam barred rock from Bruce amerman. He lives in augusta NJ and has a farm. We will try to find his contact. I also plan to hatch some bantam barred rocks in a few weeks since we lost our rooster last year.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  5. whatchickens?

Sep 1, 2008
    I went to the fair this July. It was great but I wasn't quite complete with my coop so I wasn't picking up names. I did just join the Sussex Cnty Fancier Club and I'm just getting the word out now for what I'm looking for. If you do come across the contact info I appreciate you passing it along![​IMG]

6. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    No problem. I know where his plant shop is because its only a mile away. I will try to go there tomorrow and see if I can get his number for you. He has beautiful birds and our roo was a show roo. He may also have some buffs to.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by